Christian Air

Practical and Practice issues for Professionals who practice in the area of taxation. Moral, social and economic issues relating to taxes, including international issues, the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, state tax issues, etc. Not for "tax protestor" issues, which should be posted in the "tax protestor" forum above. The advice or opinion given herein should not be relied on for any purpose whatsoever. Also examines cookie-cutter deals that have no economic substance but exist only to generate losses, as marketed by everybody from solo practitioner tax lawyers to the major accounting firms.
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Christian Air

Post by NYGman »

https://simpleflying.com/inside-the-wor ... rline/amp/

I know the no religion rule, and if this is deemed a violation please delete, but reading this, I had some tax questions. Could the airplanes be considered a church, and with missionary flights well within it's remit, could they essentially run a non-profit airline? Would tickets be tax deductible to a degree? Is the the start of the airplane church movement? While this may be above board, I can see something like this being abused. At least they seem to be abiding by the FAA rules for now, I wouldn't want this to go down the crazy path of traveling in the air, and not flying...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Christian Air

Post by notorial dissent »

As I understand it, they converted a private company, and church owned I believe, to a non-profit to fly people on "religious missions" as I understand. Definitely some good tax questions there.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Mods:
Can you move this thread to "Tax Practice"?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Done
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95