Tax attorney neglects his own tax court case

Practical and Practice issues for Professionals who practice in the area of taxation. Moral, social and economic issues relating to taxes, including international issues, the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, state tax issues, etc. Not for "tax protestor" issues, which should be posted in the "tax protestor" forum above. The advice or opinion given herein should not be relied on for any purpose whatsoever. Also examines cookie-cutter deals that have no economic substance but exist only to generate losses, as marketed by everybody from solo practitioner tax lawyers to the major accounting firms.
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Re: Tax attorney neglects his own tax court case

Post by Cpt Banjo »

AndyK wrote:
Cathulhu wrote:There was a famous tax law case (tax court, I think) Cynthia Heisman vs. Commissioner or something like, argued by Mark Manning on the IRS side. She was a stripper who managed to keep her depreciation deduction for her augmented boobs. And created much innocent hilarity in formerly dull tax law meetings.
I bet the hearing reviewing the evidence received more than the usual number of spectators.
Wonder if she referred to them as her Heisman Trophies?
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Re: Tax attorney neglects his own tax court case

Post by Cathulhu »

Actually, Arthur found it, and her name was Hess. I only recall it as I needed a whip and chair to handle that particular tax law meeting, and later worked with the IRS attorney on a task force. Nice guy.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold