Coming into Gettysburg

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Coming into Gettysburg

Postby Gregg » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:53 pm

So, I brought my friend with me to Gettysburg with me this weekend, one of the rare occasions when I don't come here alone. The relevant facts to this exchange are, we are both big fans of Hunter Thompson, and I am still recovering from my recent heart problems and need to get some exercise daily. We came into town at around 7 PM just as the sun was setting...

Her.."Let's stop by the Peace Light and take a walk before it gets dark"

So we stop and as I'm getting out of the car I reach for my phone and move to take her picture..

Her.."Don't take my picture, I've been in the car for 12 hours and I look terrible"

Me.."Oh, just a quick one, you look adorable, stand by the cannon"

Her.."As an attorney, I advise you not to take my picture"

Me.."Ah, but you're not actually my attorney"

Her.."If you take my picture, you're not going to need an attorney, you're going to need a dentist"

So, here's a picture of a cannon...

:Axe:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
We have renamed the Eastern Front Well Armed Bunker in Gettysburg, now called simply "Der Dachshundbünker" or "das Dachshund Lair"

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Coming into Gettysburg

Postby Gregg » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:54 pm

You have to imagine the picture of the cannon, because I lack the skill to get it from my phone and I'm darn sure not going to ask for her help. :shrug:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
We have renamed the Eastern Front Well Armed Bunker in Gettysburg, now called simply "Der Dachshundbünker" or "das Dachshund Lair"

eric
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Coming into Gettysburg

Postby eric » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:31 pm

Gregg wrote:The relevant facts to this exchange are, we are both big fans of Hunter Thompson, and I am still recovering

I must admit to owning two pairs of Ray Ban "cigarette holder" sun glasses made famous by him. One in the straight Kalichrome yellow, the other in photochromic gray.
http://www.vintagesunglassesshop.com/item_vs020.html
I think I got a deal in 1972 when I purchased them as a pair and paid one hundred dollars total. Still use them as my driving glasses. BTW, when my truck went through its viking funeral episode last fall I rescued the glasses from the charred remains, just needed to remove the soot.

Return to “Gambling and Quatloosia Good Life”