RIP, Gregg.

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Parvati
Demigoddess of Volatile Benevolence

RIP, Gregg.

Post by Parvati »

As I believe some of you may be aware, Gregg passed away on Friday (May 3). In keeping with his wishes, there will be no funeral or service, but please consider donating to your local animal shelter.

As per his sister:
Although he seemed to be recovering from his brain injury, his health started declining at the beginning of April. I think his heart just gave out. Per his wishes, there will not be any funeral or memorial service. If you wish to honor him, please consider donating to your local animal shelter. I am grateful for the time I was able to spend with him the last few months.
RIP, Gregg. It was a pleasure to know you (and the original Dachshund Regiment member, Chili Dog).
"The risk in becoming very intimate with a moldie Parvati is that she may unexpectedly become a Kali and take your head."--Rudy Rucker, Freeware
“Most men would kill the truth if truth would kill their religion.”--Lemuel K. Washburn.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Re: RIP, Gregg.

Post by jcolvin2 »

Gregg was smart as a whip, had the heart of an elephant, and a soul as worthy as those of his canine companions (All Dogs Go To Heaven). RIP, Gregg!
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

One of the original polymaths - a helicopter-flying, dachshund-raising automotive engineer with a PhD from the London School of Economics. If he had had the time, I wouldn't have been surprised had he mastered the guitar so he could play on stage with Arlo. I'm grateful for the relatively brief times we spent together, and the much longer time he spent on Q.

RIP.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

RIP Gregg, I met him once and interacted here with him. Very wise and Sharp whited, he will be missed.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

He will be sorely missed. He was an expert at calling out scammers, fraudsters, etc.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Frater I*I
Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RIP Gregg, I talked with him a few time in the virtual meet ups Fogbow used to have on Tuesdays.
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I'm going to miss Gregg's expositories on the working of the Fed, especially as these shot down the stupid stories that tax deniers and sovruns made up and passed on.

Somewhere up above I can imagine Gregg skating on a hockey rink filled with dachsunds on the opposite team...
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:30 pm I'm going to miss Gregg's expositories on the working of the Fed, especially as these shot down the stupid stories that tax deniers and sovruns made up and passed on.

Somewhere up above I can imagine Gregg skating on a hockey rink filled with dachsunds on the opposite team...
I would think that the dachshunds would be on his team, either as players or as coaches. Suddenly, I have a mental image of one of the canines biting the ankles of an opposing player....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Gregg was a unique individual on a website full of extraordinary individuals. I can honestly say that close to 100% of the knowledge of the inner workings of the Federal Reserve that I have came from his explanations on this site. I have referenced his write ups multiple times in discussions with the clueless, more for my benefit than theirs since I learned something more each time I read them. The interruptions the two of us did in talking about backwoods Kentucky over the years gave me much merriment. Gregg had the gift of explaining the unfathomable in a way you could understand, at least if you had a brain. His love of his dogs and animals in general was commendable and very pronounced. And despite his personal feelings on religion I don't recall ever seeing him disparage another's feelings on it. Unless they were using it as a scam, then he usually unloaded. He had a good heart, always willing to help out someone in need.

He was, and will be, missed.
Halfway down the trail to Hell,
In a shady meadow green
Are the Souls of all dead troopers camped,
Near a good old-time canteen.
And this eternal resting place
Is known as Fiddlers' Green.

Marching past, straight through to Hell
The Infantry are seen.
Accompanied by the Engineers,
Artillery and Marines,
For none but the shades of Cavalrymen