Different uniform, same BS

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Different uniform, same BS

Post by JamesVincent »

I reported a couple of times on people who either impersonated LEOs or military personnel. How about both? And gets caught for both?
A Philadelphia man apparently likes dressing up in uniforms.

Last week, he was wearing Army fatigues at the Oxford Valley Mall in Middletown when he was confronted by an Army veteran who suspected that the man never served in the military. The veteran of Afghanistan who lives in Northampton posted the video of the confrontation on YouTube and it has since generated more than 2.8 million views and incensed military families nationwide.

Back in 2003, his uniform of choice was a police coat.

The now 30-year-old Sean Yetman was arrested while wearing the coat of a Philadelphia officer who died in the line of duty. He pleaded guilty in Bucks County Court in May of that year to impersonating a public servant, a second-degree misdemeanor. He was sentenced to three months of probation for that crime along with a summary offense of driving with a suspended or revoked license, according to online court records.
http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/ ... 721d8.html

How dumb do you have to be to try to claim you're a Ranger, but an active duty Ranger who's 60 or more pounds overweight? And to try to wear 3 CIBs, and then can't figure out where you got them (since serving in Iraq and Afghanistan would only get you 2).

Pleaded? Plead? Pled? .....
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Different uniform, same BS

Post by The Observer »

I saw the video and it is apparent that he craves attention and will risk arrest to get it. Not sure this is a mental problem but he is definitely putting himself in harm's way. The next vet that spots him may decide to handle the situation differently...

Over the years, I have been offered t-shirts and other paraphernalia with LEO or military identifiers or logos. I have never accepted or worn them simply because I don't want to mislead people thinking that I have put my life on the line like the real LEOs and GIs do on a daily basis.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

I actually am ex-military and will not put a uniform on unless it is for a function, like an American Legion function or for a Memorial Day service. Even then I won't wear rank insignia, only unit insignia and half the time I just wear my PT uniform, not my ACU or BDU. I don't even have my dress uniforms anymore. When I help with a military funeral for a veteran we use American Legion uniforms, not our military uniforms. As far as impersonating an LEO, that never ends well.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

This guy is a whole other kettle of fish, and it stinks. I quite understand James' position on the matter, as well as other comments. The fact that this guy has impersonated a policeman concerns me as people who do that tend to go over the line,and when they do it usually isn't pretty nor does it end well. I have known far too many who have put themselves in harm's way to not respect that and not be happy when I see someone pretending to be something they aren't.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Let's not just focus on this one bozo. Now - and perhaps it was more obvious just before 2001 - every one of those motorcycle rallies of supposed Vietnam Vets would include a very large demographic wearing green berets. A very large demographic. in some of the rallies more green berets than had ever been worn in Vietnam, if you get my drift.

Some of those studies of homeless vets, addicted vets, imprisoned vets, etc., simply trusted these broken souls when they said they were Vietnam vets, and would churn out all sorts of hideous conclusions about Vietnam vets. But, in the case of prison inmates, someone finally did a little double-checking -- an enormous number were lying (!) about being in Vietnam; it turned out that their prison careers, or their ages, or obvious defects, made Vietnam service impossible.