Really.....

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Really.....

Post by Famspear »

"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

This should be standard equipment in every vehicle:

http://www.amazon.com/Car-Hammer-Emerge ... 063&sr=1-4
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

The car in question was a late-model Chevy Corvette. I have not looked at the interior of one up close in a long long time. I would be curious as to why General Motors would design a car so that you would have to fumble through an owner's manual just to try to figure out how to get out of the car when the electric power is disabled.

I wonder what the designers at General Motors were thinking. Why play hide the ball on something that important?

I am curious as to how many vehicles in America today have this problem.

I know that the owner's manuals for my car and for my wife's car (they're both Toyotas) are not a model of clarity and organization. I can easily see how someone could panic in the heat when trying to find something in one of those manuals.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Famspear wrote:...
I am curious as to how many vehicles in America today have this problem.

I know that the owner's manuals for my car and for my wife's car (they're both Toyotas) are not a model of clarity and organization. I can easily see how someone could panic in the heat when trying to find something in one of those manuals.
My guess, based on Mrs. Bean's 7-volume stack of marginally-accurate documentation for her BMW product is that technology has overwhelmed common sense - hence my recommendation for the hammer tool IN ALL CASES.

Even the dealer has been confounded by some of the documentation errors and the factory did not have viable corrections. Fortunately, those issues didn't affect ingress and egress (although one does involve the alarm).

Long and short of today's vehicles - anything software-controlled with electrically-driven windows and door locks is subject to entrapment.

A cautionary note - the hammer tool is vastly preferable to the discharge of a firearm; while equally effective, the results of pulling the trigger in a vehicle are, as IBM used to say when their Operating System software went off the rails, "unpredictable."

Go to the store, spend the money on the hammer. If you own one, you'll probably never need it. If you don't, you'll wish you did.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three