Captain America v. Starlord

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Captain America v. Starlord

Post by JamesVincent »

Nerds, sports fans, and humanitarians rejoice: Captain America and Star-Lord have wagered a superhero celebrity visit to the sick children at either Seattle's Children's Hospital, or Boston's Christopher's Haven, based on the outcomes of this year's Super Bowl.
http://news.distractify.com/alex-scola/chris-vs-chris/

Like the author says, I almost look forward to the Super Bowl now.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Re: Captain America v. Starlord

Post by Kestrel »

If it's for the kids, I hope they both go to both hospitals, together, in costume.

The only thing to be decided should be which one first.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/06/ch ... r-bowl-bet
Following the defeat of the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl on Sunday, Chris Pratt (a.k.a. Star-Lord) made good on his bet with Chris Evans by visiting Christopher’s Haven children’s hospital on Friday.
The Seattle Children’s Hospital (Pratt’s choice), and Christopher’s Haven received nearly $27,000 in donations because of the “Twitterbowl 2015” bet between the two, the hospitals announced.
Both of them did show up, only Starlord was in costume. One of the other articles said that Chris Evans is still going to be flying to Seattle, even though he won the bet.

JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

In a semi-related story.....
Getting to go to the Super Bowl is one thing. Going to the Super Bowl and then having Jimmy Fallon, Chris Pratt, and Chris Evans photobomb you, that’s what we call winning.

On the Tonight Show, Fallon showed some footage of his photobombing prank, complete with a couple action heroes, and one foot-long sub. Sorry, Tom Brady, but these guys won the Super Bowl in our eyes.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/03/ji ... -photobomb

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

While I'm not a fan of them, in costume or out, I'm an old fuddy duddy, I know, but I am immeasurably impressed by what they have done. If you're going to make a football bet, then this was the one to have made. It has cost them nothing, and what it has gained them is beyond pricing, and the good they have done for the patients at that hospital is beyond calculation.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.