"Brewster" invitation

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

"Brewster" invitation

Post by Arthur Rubin »

I've been invited to update my contact information through "Brewster". "Brewster" appears to be a legitimate, although potentially privacy violating, app maintaining contacts lists across multiple platforms. [Do I really want to update my cellphone number to people I regret giving the number to in the first place?]. The E-mail, though, comes from someone whose name I don't recognize with the only "sender" contact information being a name and a generic E-mail at Brewster (and an "X-Mail-from" bounce address containing my E-mail address), and only knows my E-mail address (no name), and asks for city and cell phone (and not name). I haven't clicked through to see if it asks for a name.

Looks like phishing, but it could just be a legitimate, but misconfigured, Brewster user, whom I may know under a different name.

Anyone else getting these messages?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: "Brewster" invitation

Post by notorial dissent »

Sounds like the round of Linkedin invites and update requests I was getting for about a month. I only recognized one of the names any of the times, and if they want to talk to me that badly, they know how to get in touch the old fashioned way.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.