What do you like about QUATLOOS!

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: What do you like about QUATLOOS!

Post by webhick »

In regards to remedies and such, gottago got advice on how to clean up the mess TPing made of her life. A chiro (can't remember his username..Tommygun maybe?) was a former TP. I'm not sure if he sought advice on the mess here or if he came here well after.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

I'm not clear on what is meant by "fear mongering" in this context.

What I have seen in this forum over the years are many, many examples of scammers coming here and posting nonsense about what the law is -- with cogent, well-reasoned replies by the regulars here explaining exactly why the nonsense is indeed nonsense, and with careful citations to what the law actually is.

I don't recall any Quatloosian "regular" here painting a materially false picture of what the risks of engaging in tax scams might be, in terms of getting caught and facing jail time. Indeed, I and others have pointed out that the risk of criminal prosecution for federal tax crimes is relatively low, even for those people who are well known to the IRS as having been engaged in federal criminal tax activity. The federal government is very choosy about who it decides to try to prosecute for federal tax crimes. That's no secret here in this forum.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
webhick

Post by webhick »

Two seconds ago, I'm reading an article on Cracked about Hulk Hogan and a chimpanzee and my brain goes:

you guys.You guys.You Guys!YOU GUYS!

psst

psst

do i have your attention?

psst

ARE YOU LISTENING?!

COTTON CANDY MONSTER

RAAAAAAWR.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick

Post by webhick »

Like any other site would let me do that.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

So a picture of a loutish wrestler and a simian put Webhick in mind of us? I hope the specific mental picture she formed wasn't of Wssera and me on his deck! That's me on the left;

Speaking of Wssera and his deck I like the opportunities Quatloos gives me to score Ommegang Three Philosophers.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
webhick

Post by webhick »

Hey now, this is a mostly family friendly site!

Oh... you said dEck.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Well I would have preferred to talk about Wssera and his dock, you know having Ommegang Three Philosophers while lounging around on the deck of his boat. Just as well he doesn't have one I suppose. I don't know dick about sailing.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I have some true friends on this site. I like that this is one of the few places on the internet where people who don't agree about some things still appreciate the opinion of others. I also can say that after spending a good part of my life around some flat out brilliant people that some of the smartest are people from here, some of whom it has been my great pleasure to meet in person, but most whom I never will.

Oh, and getting to be part of the ruling the world thing, people who appreciate a good Douglas Adams reference and companions for Arlo Guthrie concerts.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Unidyne »

What I like about Quatloos is:
...if you ask a question, be it wise or foolish, you will get an answer.
...the people on this board have a sense of humor, and can smell the BS from a mile away (or 1.6 km away if they're outside the USA).
...you can be wrong, but you won't get away with being stupid.
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

i like the way the darkest of truths come from here and block the way of those who let the burning bridges light their path.

look at how many freedom profiteers, get rich stupid schemes, tax turds, and other assorted confidence men are gone, exposed, took the money and ran, convicted, or otherwise rendered moot because of the exposure here. the ones in it for profiteering and bullshiting for ego likes are getting their day in the sun. and cockroaches hate that.

someone should list how many are done that have been on here.

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

bmxninja357 wrote: someone should list how many are done that have been on here.

peace,
ninj
We have listed some of the Tax nuts, including a lot of Pete Hendrickson's imprisoned followers. We know some or suspect some of the ones that have shown up here to spout their infinite wisdom but it's hard to know exactly which ones have been here anonymously. For example we're pretty sure Scott showed up here under the name TychoBrach (or something like that) but never actually identified himself. So it would be impossible to list all of them and close to impossible to keep track of every single nutjob we've profiled at one point or another to see if they have been jailed.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

JamesVincent wrote:
bmxninja357 wrote: someone should list how many are done that have been on here.
We have listed some of the Tax nuts, including a lot of Pete Hendrickson's imprisoned followers. We know some or suspect some of the ones that have shown up here to spout their infinite wisdom but it's hard to know exactly which ones have been here anonymously. For example we're pretty sure Scott showed up here under the name TychoBrach (or something like that) but never actually identified himself. So it would be impossible to list all of them and close to impossible to keep track of every single nutjob we've profiled at one point or another to see if they have been jailed.
Derek Johnson from privatesectoract posted here as "TheRealDerekJohnson", and one of his group, Kevin Manji, made a few posts as "newcenturyrealestate". That being said, at least one of Manji's posts was just him copying from something somebody else, probably Derek, had told him to say. Manji no longer works for Derek but is peddling some MLM sheme (EPS) under the title of BigBossDog. Derek and his group are still continuing their mortgage scam, but a lot quieter than before - perhaps that hefty lien on his house in Calgary courtesy of RECA has contributed to his sense of caution. I'm not going to say too much more about their present activities except to say they are being watched very carefully. :mouthshut:
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Unidyne wrote: ...you can be wrong, but you won't get away with being stupid.
Being wrong just means you haven't been educated yet, being stupid means you won't be educated.

I like the openness here and I've enjoyed the growth in the UK forum, admittedly it has been somewhat a double edged sword. However what has given me a giggle was having various subjects of threads I've created on this site, quote either the name of the thread or reference my username (and other posters) in videos they've put up.

It shows that we are getting to them. At the same time I enjoyed debating with the subject of a thread, Jamie "Bopalot" Barnes and felt I was able to offer him ways in which he could protest the laws he wished to complain about in a legitimate manner. I was in some way quite proud that he actually ran for Parliament in a local election instead of engaging in protests that would only lead to him being further marginalised.

I've also heard that some people have been dissuaded from entering one of the scams based on the debunking on here and that is something I think this site and the posters on it should be most proud of.
Warning may contain traces of nut