Real life

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Real life

Post by JamesVincent »

You know, we talk about mental illness quite a bit on here. When dealing with the conmen, sov'runs, and others we deal with it comes into play quite a bit. I'm just gonna leave this one here.

http://news.yahoo.com/mother-found-push ... 24204.html
A Maryland mother was found early on Friday pushing her dead 3-year-old boy on a park swing, authorities said.

Deputies responded to a call around 7 a.m. to check on a woman who witnesses said had been pushing a child for hours on a swing at Wills Memorial Park in La Plata, about 35 miles (55 km) south of Washington, D.C., said Charles County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Diane Richardson.

One witness told deputies she found it strange that the woman had been pushing the child for an unusually long period of time, possibly since the day before, Richardson said.
I'm going to try to keep track of this and hope and pray something good comes out of it.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Re: Real life

Post by eric »

JamesVincent wrote:You know, we talk about mental illness quite a bit on here. When dealing with the conmen, sov'runs, and others we deal with it comes into play quite a bit. I'm just gonna leave this one here.

http://news.yahoo.com/mother-found-push ... 24204.html

I'm going to try to keep track of this and hope and pray something good comes out of it.
She has a different type of sickness than most sovruns and my prayers go out to her. This is the sort of situation that disturbs me tremondously and even "Eric the Rock" doesn't want to know about some things.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Unless there were things going on prior to this, as there well could have been, this is a particularly nasty kind of shock and denial that has a really fancy name I cannot at the moment remember, and is the sort of thing that can be very difficult to come back from. At the very least she is going to need a great deal of therapy and counseling, and she may never be able to really come to terms with it. She has retreated to a very distant part of her mind and may never want to come back to face the pain and loss of the child. My sympathies to her and her family and I do wish her well.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/she ... story.html
She insisted she was fine — that her breakdown was behind her and that she was taking good care of her 3-year-old son.

Just weeks before sheriff’s deputies found Romechia Simms pushing her dead preschooler on a park swing in Southern Maryland, she argued in D.C. Superior Court documents obtained by The Washington Post that she was a better, more capable parent than her former boyfriend, James “Donnell” Lee, who’d filed for full custody of Ji’Aire.

Lee, 29, told the court he was concerned about Simms’s mental stability after episodes of erratic behavior, including jumping from a moving cab, led to her hospitalization.

Apparently the mother had been hospitalized at least twice for a nervous condition and hallucinations.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"