Saving Private Ryan

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Saving Private Ryan

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote:I think the worst thing about this thread is the realization that there is a good chance we are related to the crazies that we discuss here on Quatloos.
Yikes!
:shock:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I'd settle for a good old fashioned horse thief or moon shiner any day, and actually I had one of those and probably more considering where part of my family came from.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

I personally find those commercials on television touting various genealogical and DNA research services to be quite humorous. They claim that you will discover that you are related to some famous historical personality, or at the very least, some hard working immigrant with plenty of pathos. Your actual results may vary.... I raise you one moonshiner and bid:
1. one bootlegger;
2. one bootlegger/smuggler/fencer of goods of questionable origin;
3. two condemned murderers sentenced to hang, and the victim. (wife, brother-in-law, and husband respectively)
As far as I'm aware, none of the above ever expressed any FMOTL or OPCA sympathies however thankfully. :D
edit: I knew the first two characters, and chatted with one of the murderers in the late 1980's (his death sentence was commuted and he spent 25 years in Kingston Pen).