Guilty Pleasure

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Guilty Pleasure

Post by NYGman »

I have to admit, I found this place due to research on various tax promoters, and anti-tax guru's. However, While I still enjoy the posts and banter around that topic, I find myself coming here for some other guilty pleasures, that are not really related to anything I really do. I read these threads, as a guilty pleasure. Sort of this forum's version of the Jerry Springer show, perhaps, as in it is so bad, you just can't help getting sucked in.

I have one main Guilty Pleasure, and this is Peter of England and WeRe bank. Each time I see a new post in that discussion, I have to read it right away. While his con has seeming gone on way longer than it should have, and he descends more and more in to a fictional realm of evil banks and Villon like governments, I am secretly hoping that the next post is his arrest, but at the same time, hoping that post never comes, and that the entertainment continue, unabated, to its spectacular flame out.

Tom Crawford was a contender for a while, but even he has not been able to top the level of crazy PoE Spews. So why did I start this thread. I guess I was wondering if anyone else shared this view, or if others have their own Guilty pleasure thread, and if so, why?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Re: Guilty Pleasure

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Gassy Rassy! Who else can combine imagination, insanity and plain foolishness so well? Sometimes I wonder if he's not just a sock-puppet of Deep Knight!
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

LaVidaRoja wrote:Gassy Rassy! Who else can combine imagination, insanity and plain foolishness so well? Sometimes I wonder if he's not just a sock-puppet of Deep Knight!
No, no, no. He's channeling Deep Knight. :haha:
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

LaVidaRoja wrote:Gassy Rassy! Who else can combine imagination, insanity and plain foolishness so well? Sometimes I wonder if he's not just a sock-puppet of Deep Knight!
I have tried on many occasions and will continue to try to get in to Gassy Rassy, but so far I have not met with any success. To me, those Gassy Rassy posts are like a TV show that you know you should like, as it has some of the concepts you find interesting, and actors you love, however, when you go to watch, you can not get past the first 10 minutes, before you have to turn it off and just walk away because of how awful it is. Whenever I read one of DK's posts, I get about 1/3 of the way, and just turn it off and walk away, looking for the salvation of the blue/red inserted text that may add a bit of whit and common sense to the nonsense I have just fed my mind leaving my head well worse for wear. DK Adds a sort of commentary shelter from all the incomprehensible stuff being spewed forth by Gassy in the rest of the post. I can honestly say I do not enjoy those posts, and usually leave those until there is nothing new left to read on this forum.

If PoE is my Guilty pleasure, Gassy Rassy is the inverse :) However inevitably, I will continue to tune in, and most likely also tune out, but I try...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Trying to follow the UK threads is like trying to take a sip of water out of a fire hydrant. :?
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:Trying to follow the UK threads is like trying to take a sip of water out of a fire hydrant. :?
I have noticed we have a relatively high posts to topic ratio, for this forum, which makes some of our threads faster moving, often post heavy, and results in us sometimes sacrificing quality for quantity.

We've always been eccentric.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

NYGman wrote:I have one main Guilty Pleasure, and this is Peter of England and WeRe bank. Each time I see a new post in that discussion, I have to read it right away.
I take it you go there a lot.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Soon the threads won't be enough and you'll start baiting them just to get your fix.

A dark and ugly cycle.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Jeffrey wrote:Soon the threads won't be enough and you'll start baiting them just to get your fix.

A dark and ugly cycle.
One I have seen here time and time again, especially with David Van Pelt as the subject.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff