A Moment Up Close in San Bernardino

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
The Observer
Further Moderator

A Moment Up Close in San Bernardino

Post by The Observer »

Unfortunately, the realities of the harsher moments in life hit close to home. It happened this week for my cousin when her husband was gunned down in the senseless shooting in San Bernardino. CNN's Anderson Cooper did an interview with Summer which you can see here.

A fundraiser has been set up for Summer and her 20 month old daughter at an online charity. Due to our rules here at Quatloos about solicitations and advertising. I will not be providing a link. If you are so inclined to contribute to help, please contact me by e-mail here and I will send you the link.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Hyrion
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: A Moment Up Close in San Bernardino

Post by Hyrion »

My condolences on the loss of you and your family.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote:Unfortunately, the realities of the harsher moments in life hit close to home. It happened this week for my cousin when her husband was gunned down in the senseless shooting in San Bernardino. CNN's Anderson Cooper did an interview with Summer which you can see here.

A fundraiser has been set up for Summer and her 20 month old daughter at an online charity. Due to our rules here at Quatloos about solicitations and advertising. I will not be providing a link. If you are so inclined to contribute to help, please contact me by e-mail here and I will send you the link.
My family and I are in Punta Cana, DR until tomorrow evening, and we saw the interview with Summer on CNN. My wife and I would like to extend our condolences to you and your family on this senseless loss of your cousin.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

The funeral for Robert Adams was held today and there was a very large turnout in support of Robert's relatives and friends mourning his death.

And a deep sincere thanks to those who contributed to the fund for Summer and her daughter, and who expressed condolences.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

I'm very sorry to read about this senseless and tragic killing.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I did not see this until now. My deepest condolences. I will be sending you a PM.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.