They're gonna get my head right...

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: They're gonna get my head right...

Post by Gregg »

I survived the surgery and after a day my sight is fine, although the one minor complication is I have a small fracture in a bone between a sinus cavity and my eye, no big deal although I cannot blow my nose for a week (and that's in big bold letters on my discharge papers...) Apparently, if I blow my nose, I go blind.// :shrug: I'm told that this isn't very uncommon with sinus surgery, so I should be back to my own little part of ruling the world within 2 weeks.
Until at least Friday I am recovering at the home of a friend and her family just across the river from Louisville and after my post op check in at the Doctor on Monday, I plan on sneaking off to Gettysburg for a few days before I go back to building cars, my cover job. I should be back in the Illuminati Offices at The Gates of Hell by the 7th of March.

Thanks to everyone for whatever wishes expressed etc....seriously, because as I said, for some reason this little thing had me more than a little scared, even if it turned out to be for nothing.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

Glad you made it through with minimal issues, don't rush healing or hurry back to work. They usually give you minimum time back, but ask what is optimal for full healing. It is your health after all, it may be worth an extra week or month out. I took extra time after my last surgery, returning at the end of my recovery range, not the earliest, and it really was a good thing. While I was getting board at home, the extra time made a big difference when I did go back.

My boss at the time, who also was involved in a big accident that required big surgery, said to me, come back a month after you think you are ready. He was totally right. It is OK to want to go back to work,we all do (well, for a moment I forgot about those on GOOFY) most of us do, your complete health isn't worth rushing it. My old boss was the smartest person I know, it really is sage advice.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Good to hear you're progressing.

FYI - Mrs. Bean was told when she had a deviated septum repair some years ago that the longer you wait to have something like that done, the longer the total recovery period would be. Don't rush it.

You probably already know this but commercial flights are probably out of the question.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

So glad to hear that all is well.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Congratulations on the good news!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Famspear wrote:Congratulations on the good news!
https://youtu.be/Hzr27jhvWiQ
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Glad to hear you made it through in one piece (sort of...).
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Good to hear Gregg. More importantly, did Chili Dog make it ok?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

JamesVincent wrote:Good to hear Gregg. More importantly, did Chili Dog make it ok?
I think it was Chili Dog who was leading the team of surgeons...
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Glad to hear that you are on the mend, Gregg. Don't rush back to work -- either "cover" or real. We of the Boston office are hard at work keeping your "attendants" happy until you are 100% healthy.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Boston, Gates of Hell, Cambridge......pretty much the same place to me, if the Airport is Logan and the roads are cruel joke to fool the tourists into leaving their cars. :D :snicker:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Welcome back, Gregg! I had some huge polyps cut out a few years back, I think they used a 1" auger on me, but afterwards the breathing was vastly better. Fingers crossed for your swift recovery.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Hope everything goes well with that recovery.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)