New Zealand - What a Country.

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

New Zealand - What a Country.

Post by wserra »

The New Zealand Gazette is the official publication and authoritative constitutional record of the NZ govt. Moreover, it is published online, and the online version is the authoritative one.

On December 10, 2015, the Gazette published a fascinating notice:
Pursuant to the Marriage Act 1955, the Registrar-General of Marriages hereby gives notice as follows.

N o t i c e

1. This notice may be cited as the Marriage (Approval of Organisations) Notice No. 22.

2. The organisation specified in the Schedule hereto is hereby declared to be an approved organisation for the purpose of the Marriage Act 1955.

Schedule

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Dated at Wellington this 10th day of December 2015.

JEFF MONTGOMERY, Registrar-General.
Pastafarian weddings!
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
VinnyZ
Scalawag
Scalawag

Re: New Zealand - What a Country.

Post by VinnyZ »

r'amen

The truth is spreading.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

You, too, can put a colander on as a hat - even for your driver's license!

The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by bmxninja357 »

Canada and the states have plenty of pastafarians. Many a license, school ID, firearms permit and several other places with pictures you will see them.

But I don't approve of such blasphemy!

I shall stick with Bob and the church of the subgenius.
http://www.subgenius.com/

Peace
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:You, too, can put a colander on as a hat - even for your driver's license!

Are there legal as well as the obviously illegal international driver's permits?
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

The International Drivers Permit (License?) exists.

It is primarily a translation of the person's state-issued license into a number of different languages.

It MUST be accompanied by the official license whenever it is used, it has almost no value as a stand-alone document.

Last that I recall, it can be obtained from a local AAA office.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

True, but the kicker is that you HAVE to have a valid license in your country of origin in order for the IDL to be valid, a little inconvenience that the sovcit crowd carefully and intentionally ignore. They were doing the same thing with the Commercial ICC DL for a while, don't know if they are still doing it or not.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

I tried the IDP once just because it was cheaper than the state driver's license; I gave a sister's address in Spain. So I get caught in a speed trap, the cop asks for an ID, confiscates the IDP and gives me some time to get my state license back which I did. Car could not be driven without a license so I parked it and drove it back under cover of darkness. He had said that a bunch of people with DUIs had gone the IDP route which con they were on to. Yet when I paid by check and businesses wanted to see an ID the cashier was impressed. Lesson learned; there are good reasons for valid IDs; the mail order ones are just based on someone's word. About as much use as any mail order credentials. Good for a few laughs.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)