Alice's Restaurant

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Alice's Restaurant

Post by Gregg »

The Arlo Guthrie Alice's Restaurant tour is coming to an end with special shows at the "scene of the crime", the Old Trinity Church in Great Barrington Massachusetts. Despite my long term support of the Guthrie Center I have never actually been there in person and I'm getting pretty old so I decided I'm gonna go. There are 3 shows but I'm going on 14th May, which is a Saturday and if anyone is gonna be in the area and would like to join me, let me know.

And pretty quick....tickets are $108 each and you have to have a super secret password to get them (you have to be an active supporter of The Guthrie Center) and for $15 extra they even provide dinner. They go on sale on Saturday the 19th of March and I expect they'll sell out in a few hours. The Church is a little bitty place as concert venues go, can't hold more than a few hundred so this is as close as you'll get to seeing him in a club....

Anyway, if anyone wants to go, you can go join the Guthrie Center and get your tickets, or let me know if you want help. They seat 4 to a table, and I will have 2 seats at my table besides the ones I bought for me so if you want to sit with me and my travel buddy, that might work...

Hope to see you there!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Alice's Restaurant

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Be sure to get some colored glossy photos. 8)
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Alice's Restaurant

Post by NYGman »

Wish I could go, but timing wont work, enjoy the show! Say hi to Arlo for me.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.