Political Emails

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Political Emails

Post by Arthur Rubin »

OK, so, I've helped out "letter-writing" campaigns from both the Left and the Right. Ignoring questions of whether the causes are "just" or the requests accurate, the followups from the two sides are completely different.

The Right is sending a mix of "articles" and product spam; let Left is sending fact- (and factoid-) free requests for money. Any speculation why that might be, that isn't off-topic for this forum? I didn't donate any money to "either" side....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Re: Political Emails

Post by Number Six »

I get them though try to avoid or block the damn things. Ironically one particular libertarian family is particularly aggressive. My guess is the percentage of donations they get is minimal, though since it is "free" to send out such solicitations, so unless it is costing them something, they are going to keep doing it. As a rule I try not to give to those better off financially than myself.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)