Coming into Gettysburg

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Coming into Gettysburg

Post by Gregg »

So, I brought my friend with me to Gettysburg with me this weekend, one of the rare occasions when I don't come here alone. The relevant facts to this exchange are, we are both big fans of Hunter Thompson, and I am still recovering from my recent heart problems and need to get some exercise daily. We came into town at around 7 PM just as the sun was setting...

Her.."Let's stop by the Peace Light and take a walk before it gets dark"

So we stop and as I'm getting out of the car I reach for my phone and move to take her picture..

Her.."Don't take my picture, I've been in the car for 12 hours and I look terrible"

Me.."Oh, just a quick one, you look adorable, stand by the cannon"

Her.."As an attorney, I advise you not to take my picture"

Me.."Ah, but you're not actually my attorney"

Her.."If you take my picture, you're not going to need an attorney, you're going to need a dentist"

So, here's a picture of a cannon...

:Axe:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Coming into Gettysburg

Post by Gregg »

You have to imagine the picture of the cannon, because I lack the skill to get it from my phone and I'm darn sure not going to ask for her help. :shrug:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Re: Coming into Gettysburg

Post by eric »

Gregg wrote:The relevant facts to this exchange are, we are both big fans of Hunter Thompson, and I am still recovering
I must admit to owning two pairs of Ray Ban "cigarette holder" sun glasses made famous by him. One in the straight Kalichrome yellow, the other in photochromic gray.
http://www.vintagesunglassesshop.com/item_vs020.html
I think I got a deal in 1972 when I purchased them as a pair and paid one hundred dollars total. Still use them as my driving glasses. BTW, when my truck went through its viking funeral episode last fall I rescued the glasses from the charred remains, just needed to remove the soot.