An article for Gregg

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

An article for Gregg

Post by Burnaby49 »

"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: An article for Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I was raised better than to drive a Dodge. And although I'm a little biased, I have to say that in general Dodge has always built things that are great on paper and horrible on the road. The current Charger/Challenger and others have that engine that clearly has more horsepower than a Mustang, but they're kind of dogs, the cars are overweight cows and outside of the engine bay are far less sophisticated cars, its why you might see a bunch of them on test and tune night at the local drag strip (most often driven badly by people who just don't know any better.) but you hardly ever see one in a real race track either professionally or by the serious hobby racers. I'm not sure they even have a NASA class and the SCCA ones are few and far between. When you do see one, as often as not they're getting their ass handed to them by someone in a 15 year old Mustang and they're not even close to the Boss 302s or the FR500s.
Among people who take hobby racing seriously, the guys with the fancy looking Dodges are generally the ones we think of as having more money than sense. (It takes about $100,000 to make a dealer bought car into a race car they'll even let you drive on a track, my race car cost $76,000 in 2011 and it took $30,000 more of stuff to make it ready. You can spend $5000 in a weekend on parts and tires, so its dominated by the Mustangs because Ford has for a long time had a solid program offering almost race ready cars built at the factory to the specs for the racing programs based on road legal cars, Dodge doesn't do nearly as much and since they don't try to build "real" race cars, the street cars they sell are pretty, but the pretty is only skin deep. Even the dealer Mustangs are much better cars because Ford spends so much on the racing program and a lot of that stuff ends up on the civilian cars.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: An article for Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Here's Ford's site for the 302S, if you're looking for a way to spend a bunch of money on a real car that's not even street legal, read the owners manual for an idea of how much its different from the street car.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/boss-302/#302S
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.