Unusual personal service request

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Unusual personal service request

Post by Arthur Rubin »

No, not that kind.... :naughty:

Most of the personal assistance providers (due to health issues, but not health care providers) require 48 hours advanced booking and a minimum charge of 4 hours per visit. What I am looking for, is someone who will come on a few hours notice, for no more than 1 to 2 hours. Any ideas where I should look?

Orange county, California, if you have a particular agency in mind, but even search terms likely to find such an agency would be helpful.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Unusual personal service request

Post by fortinbras »

I have no idea how arduous the services you need, but, respectfully, I suggest you work up a list of local baby sitters. Usually teenage girls with time on their hands. Work up a list so you can get one of them almost any time of day. Assuming that the work is not more demanding than caring for an infant, they should be glad of the chance to work with a cooperative adult.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Craigslist?
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

Task Rabbit may work for you. I have used it in NYC for some odd tasks I needed help doing, but I don't see why it can't be useful here. Just been a while, and with all these gig economy type things it may no longer exist, or be in your area, but it it does or is, then it may work out.

And yes, I can probably google it to find out the answer, but that would require opening another tab, and doing a search, and that just feels like too much work right now...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
sprit

Post by sprit »

Nice Info Topic post. Carry topic information..FMWhatsapp