Famspear and notorial dissent

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Famspear and notorial dissent

Post by wserra »

These are two of our most senior and most active members - Famspear joined in mid-2007 and nd in mid-2005. Famspear hasn't logged in for 1.5 years and nd for just over a year. Moreover, while I know the identities of (and have actually met) a number of longtimers, I know Famspear and nd only from the board. Famspear had posted that (s)he was ill, but IIRC also that (s)he was improving.

Anybody have any info?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Famspear and notorial dissent

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I'd also like to know more about Gregg, Demosthenes and LPC. I know that some of our veterans, like Prof, have passed away; and I am afraid that HMAS Sydney finally tracked down and sank Hilfskreuzer Möwe; but I miss their contributions.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I think that nd also participated at Fogbow, but I have no idea if (s)he used the same name as here. I don't participate at Fogbow, but if there are others reading this and log into Fogbow maybe they know or at least know someone who has the info on nd's status.

As far as Famspear, it's possible (and sad) if he has succumbed to his illness. But it is also possible that he has his hands full with being ill and doesn't have the wherewithal to participate here anymore.

Gregg is another one that participated at Fogbow as well. He has posted here about a number of health issues that he has had over the years, some of them sounding very serious.

I don't think Demosthenes will be coming back here as an active member. She got heavily involved with documenting and testifying about the sovereign movement as an expert and that has moved her out of our orbit.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

The Observer wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:08 pm I don't think Demosthenes will be coming back here as an active member. She got heavily involved with documenting and testifying about the sovereign movement as an expert and that has moved her out of our orbit.
JJ has shut down her Twitter account and is now posting on counter.social

JJ MacNab @jjmacnab
If Haraldur Thorleifsson ends up owning Twitter, I'll go back.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Deep Knight was another unexplained disappearance. He was a very early member, well before Famspear and nd. He started posting on Quatloos in February 2003 and was a prolific contributor, making 5,397 posts until September 2018 when he suddenly stopped without any warning or a goodbye. His last post was a normal everyday comment. From his various comments about his college days he was probably in his 70's when he stopped so I've assumed the worst.

I'm not a Fogbow participant but I drop in for a look from time to time and notorial dissent was a frequent poster there under the same unsername. He seems to have stopped a while ago. Same with Gregg. He posted there for a while after stopping here but I've not seen anything from him in, I'd guess, at least a year.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

I will also add, the pace and creativity of the Sovereigns and tax deniers of today are nowhere near the cutting edge of crazy, imaginative theories yet to be tested as they once were. I don't think we have had a true creative newcomer in many years. Tastes change, people can also move on. While I do fear bad news in some cases, it also remains plausible they lost interest as health, age, and other interests took priority over the lower quality sovereign and tax denier that we now get today. Even the old ones are fading into obscurity. A good thing for all, I think. I am sure at some point someone will come up with a new theory to debunk, or an interesting scam to follow. The ATM scam was riveting and by far my favorite, reading every page from the first post. But while there still appears to be low level idiocy going on, the golden age may be behind us. I am sure we will continue to have sovereigns, and see the tax denier with the same worn out positions, but there is a serious lack of creativity in the tax denier of today.

I even tried to have ChatGPT write me new elaborate tax denier scheme, but apparently that wasn't allowed.

I wish them all well, wherever they are and whatever they are up to, and do miss their posts.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

That's why I post with far less frequency than I used to. I have nothing to post about. What sovereign activity I see is generally just a retread of old, totally discredited schemes and the sovereign-based tax scams are dead.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

It seems that most of our new subjects are now coming from across The Pond.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
AnOwlCalledSage

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:52 pm It seems that most of our new subjects are now coming from across The Pond.
I think that's mostly because it's getting less coverage here.

I could easily repost JJ McNabb and Dr. Christine Sarteschi's posts (and do occasionally), but they are at least being covered. Most of the UK nonsense is in hidden lairs on FB, so needs publicising more to a wider audience.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:54 pm I'm not a Fogbow participant but I drop in for a look from time to time and notorial dissent was a frequent poster there under the same unsername. He seems to have stopped a while ago. Same with Gregg. He posted there for a while after stopping here but I've not seen anything from him in, I'd guess, at least a year.
Gregg continues to post regularly on Fogbow. I think he had a health issue a few months ago, but seems to have recovered.

I haven’t seen notarial dissent in quite some time; his/her last Fogbow post was January 31, 2022.

I vaguely remember Deep Knight, but IIRC (s)he was more focused on investment fraud and scams than tax stuff, so I never really interacted much.
Last edited by jcolvin2 on Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

It has been a long time since I thought about it, but wasn’t one of our earliest members Daniel B. Evans, who was responsible for a well done and influential “Tax Protestor FAQ” website? Maybe LPC?
AnOwlCalledSage

There are a few journalists who lurk here. I'm not sure if they have created logins though. I visited for a couple of years to read about Touchy-Giraffe before I took the plunge and joined, so it's not necessary.

Finding Neelu documented here was a bonus!
Last edited by AnOwlCalledSage on Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wserra

Post by wserra »

jcolvin2 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:45 amGregg continues to post regularly on Fogbow.
And on Facebook. I think I have made three posts in fifteen years there, but I do keep an account that I use to monitor/investigate opposing parties.

Dan Evans is indeed LPC. AFAIK he is still practicing - his web site is updated.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

I was messaging back and forth with Fam when he disappeared. I have a message that I sent him on Aug. 22, 2021 that has never been delivered. I sent that message in reply to one he had sent me. At the time he was doing pretty poorly and the updates he had sent me weren't very encouraging.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

It's always impressive to read intellectually competent inputs and debate here. There were a number of members who were purged for breaking the rules, unfortunately. Also people like Caligari I remember with his insights. Back when the IRS was really clamping down in the 2000s it was a very active site. I'm curious what the new money the IRS will be getting will do to help improve service and compliance.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)