A Man In Uniform

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

A Man In Uniform

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

I make this look good. 8)

The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Re: A Man In Uniform

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

Pretty sharp! When is the big day?
texino
Grand Debunker of Medical Quackery

Post by texino »

Best of luck and thanks.
ҨTexino₪
Siga el dinero
El camino continúa por siempre, pero el partido nunca termina
texino@gmail.com
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:I make this look good. 8)

Looking good Dok, now make sure you go to a bar get some free drinks and talk it up to the women.
Doktor Avalanche

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:Pretty sharp! When is the big day?
May 14th.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Doktor Avalanche

bmielke wrote: Looking good Dok, now make sure you go to a bar get some free drinks and talk it up to the women.
Regulations don't allow me to go into bars wearing that uniform, bmielke.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:
bmielke wrote: Looking good Dok, now make sure you go to a bar get some free drinks and talk it up to the women.
Regulations don't allow me to go into bars wearing that uniform, bmielke.
Ok, then get a dress one and wear that, I know you can wear a uniform, I have lost count of the number of soldiers, sailors, and marines getting free drinks at various bars.
Doktor Avalanche

bmielke wrote: Ok, then get a dress one and wear that, I know you can wear a uniform, I have lost count of the number of soldiers, sailors, and marines getting free drinks at various bars.
I once rolled into a restaurant with my wife in my dress blues one evening after drill. I got a standing ovation when I crossed the threshold and dinner was on the house. 8)

But yeah, I've done the bar in my dress uniform thing but you have to be careful. One time I damn near drove into a tree on the way home. :wink:

bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:
bmielke wrote: Ok, then get a dress one and wear that, I know you can wear a uniform, I have lost count of the number of soldiers, sailors, and marines getting free drinks at various bars.
I once rolled into a restaurant with my wife in my dress blues one evening after drill. I got a standing ovation when I crossed the threshold and dinner was on the house. 8)

But yeah, I've done the bar in my dress uniform thing but you have to be careful. One time I damn near drove into a tree on the way home. :wink:
I didn't know there was a Mrs. Doktor Avalanche, so the girls are out, but free drinks are still good.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Doktor Avalanche wrote:

It's always nice to see our servicemen and servicewomen given a nod of thanks for their service. The first time my brother-in-law traveled home after joining the military he was pleased to find out he didn't have to buy a drink the entire time.

Did Mrs. A have to use a golf club for the "rescue" after the tree incident? :wink:
Parvati
Demigoddess of Volatile Benevolence

Post by Parvati »

Thank you. Stay safe, sir.
"The risk in becoming very intimate with a moldie Parvati is that she may unexpectedly become a Kali and take your head."--Rudy Rucker, Freeware
“Most men would kill the truth if truth would kill their religion.”--Lemuel K. Washburn.
Bastiat

Post by Bastiat »

You'll get no accolades from yours truly. I am sick to my stomach of self-aggrandizing tax leeches posturing as the defenders of freedom. There is nothing to do with freedom in anything that you do, except to provide it for a privileged caste, at the expense of everyone else. I would ask myself just what kind of person, living off the public largesse, would posture in such manner but the fact is that I already know and do not need to ask.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

1 - I fear he fails to relalize exactly how thin the line is between here nad, say, Somalia.

2 - Can't find an appropriate graphic so please accept thanks and a salute from a (now) civilian.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Bastiat wrote:You'll get no accolades from yours truly. I am sick to my stomach of self-aggrandizing tax leeches posturing as the defenders of freedom. There is nothing to do with freedom in anything that you do, except to provide it for a privileged caste, at the expense of everyone else. I would ask myself just what kind of person, living off the public largesse, would posture in such manner but the fact is that I already know and do not need to ask.
So much to criticize; so little time. I'll just say that in no way, shape of form am I a member of a "privileged caste", yet Doc and others like him are putting themselves on the line for me -- and for your right to sound like a complete horse's ass.

You, David, Harvery, Pete and the rest ought to go off somewhere and find an uninhabited atoll where you can build your own tax-free paradise... and then wonder why nothing gets done because you're so busy squabbling or just being lazy.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Bastiat wrote:You'll get no accolades from yours truly. I am sick to my stomach of self-aggrandizing tax leeches posturing as the defenders of freedom. There is nothing to do with freedom in anything that you do, except to provide it for a privileged caste, at the expense of everyone else. I would ask myself just what kind of person, living off the public largesse, would posture in such manner but the fact is that I already know and do not need to ask.
It's late so I'll just offer up an appropriate F*** You.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

CKB -- chill. You've got an important job to do.

We can pull the wings off the bug for you. If all else fails, we'll buy him a first-class ticket to, say, Tripoli so he can get a bit appreciation on what living here, and the people who make it possible, means.

Then, he can find some way to buy a ticket back home -- while he's on the no-fly list [to start -- some of my best friends work for CIS]
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Bastiat wrote:You'll get no accolades from yours truly. I am sick to my stomach of self-aggrandizing tax leeches posturing as the defenders of freedom.
You dragged up a year-old thread just to whine. Jeez, relax Sparky.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Bastiat wrote:I am sick to my stomach of self-aggrandizing anonymous internet Rambos posturing as the defenders of freedom.
Me too, Freddy.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

You look sharp.
We appreciate your sense of duty and sacrifice.
We hope your tour of duty is boring and uneventful.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
It's late so I'll just offer up an appropriate F*** You.
Second that!