A Man In Uniform

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: A Man In Uniform

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Nikki wrote:CKB -- chill. You've got an important job to do.

We can pull the wings off the bug for you. If all else fails, we'll buy him a first-class ticket to, say, Tripoli so he can get a bit appreciation on what living here, and the people who make it possible, means.

Then, he can find some way to buy a ticket back home -- while he's on the no-fly list [to start -- some of my best friends work for CIS]
Nah -- air-drop him into Taliban country, with some canned hams for rations. I'll bet that Bastiat will find a rapt audience for his ideas.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Re: A Man In Uniform

Post by Cathulhu »

Suffering Bastiat wrote:You'll get no accolades from yours truly. I am sick to my stomach of self-aggrandizing tax leeches posturing as the defenders of freedom. There is nothing to do with freedom in anything that you do, except to provide it for a privileged caste, at the expense of everyone else. I would ask myself just what kind of person, living off the public largesse, would posture in such manner but the fact is that I already know and do not need to ask.
Methinks the cowardly troll is flat broke from drinking the kool-aid. Boo-hoo. Wants to be part of the privileged caste, isn't willing to earn it. Boo f*cking hoo.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold