Trip

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Trip

Post by Dezcad »

Not that I post very often but in any event, my wife and I are leaving for our Iceland->Paris->London 10 day vacation today and well, just wanted to say:

Keep it interesting!
bmielke

Re: Trip

Post by bmielke »

Have fun, stay safe
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Have a safe trip and enjoy yourselves.

My wife has been bugging me to take her back to Paris. We spent a solid month there about 14 years ago and I would rather see something that I haven't seen yet. :) Anyway, my excuse for not taking her this year is we have traveled to some potential colleges for my daughter. I also bought my daughter a new car. I told her it is her birthday/Christmas/graduation present. :D I think I have spent enough on trips and transportation for this year.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

The Operative wrote:Have a safe trip and enjoy yourselves.

My wife has been bugging me to take her back to Paris.
Spend time with your wife. Trust me. You'll regret it later, if you don't.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Arthur Rubin wrote:
The Operative wrote:Have a safe trip and enjoy yourselves.

My wife has been bugging me to take her back to Paris.
Spend time with your wife. Trust me. You'll regret it later, if you don't.
Yes, that is good advice. I do spend time with her and we take annual trips to various locales. We have been to Paris, London, Berlin, Trier, Madrid, Monaco, Rome, Venice, various cities in Greece, Prague, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Rio, Bahamas, Jamaica, Las Vegas, Yellowstone, Juneau, Hawaii, and a few others. This year, we have taken trips to Providence, Princeton, New York City, Cambridge, New Haven, Baltimore, and Nashville. Also, I paid cash for my daughter's "dream" car, a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. I personally wouldn't have picked it, but it is what she wanted and it is her car.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Green Lantern

Post by Green Lantern »

CaptainKickback wrote: Paris could be problematic, what with the strikes and protests and lazy students with no understanding of economics clogging the streets and shutting everything down.

Bon chance et bon voyage!
What? Did we send our college students to Paris? Incroyable! :wink: