strange addiction

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

strange addiction

Post by Cathulhu »

It's not my fault. First, it was the cliffhanger last season of "Sanctuary", where the male lead was hallucinating his sick little head off and it ended in a Bollywood dance number, with the guy dancing for--I'm not making this up--the avatar of a giant spider. Then, on my all-time favorite web comedy, The Guild, this happened.

http://www.watchtheguild.com/the-guild/ ... o-game-on/

Now I'm totally hooked on Bollywood dance numbers. Oh, the horror!
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
littleroundman

Re: strange addiction

Post by littleroundman »

Think of it as being like rubbernecking drivers and freeway accidents.

EVERYONE knows not to do it and that it can even be downright dangerous to do so, but some strange, primordial urge forces us to turn our heads and watch, even as we shudder in horror.
Cathulhu

Post by Cathulhu »

I started on kung fu movies when still a teen, but resisted Bollywood until the dance numbers got to me. Could do without the falsetto singing, though. But I consider parody one of the finest forms of humor, and Felicia Day and company certainly understand parody.

In watching The Guild, I also feel a moral certainty that if I'd had a son, he would have been exactly like Bladezz. And doubtless driven me mad! Except any son of mine would likely have been called Conan. It's a family name in my husband's family, and I own a first edition of Red Nails.
Cathulhu

Post by Cathulhu »

I've read them. Moorcock is the most interesting, but I'll take my damascus steel katana over any black blade I've ever seen.
Green Lantern

Post by Green Lantern »

CaptainKickback wrote:So, you finally discovered Bollywood movies eh? Kind of a late comer, but better late than never. :twisted:

For the record, a lot of the female dancers and Bollywood stars are smokin' ghost chili hot.
I totally agree---there is something strangely compelling about this.

My son's high school is near an Intel plant, so most of his friends are Indians. He's getting into Bollywood, too.