Super Bowl Sunday

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
bmielke

Re: Super Bowl Sunday

Post by bmielke »

If the NFL was smart they would have four stadiums and rotate the game every year, like Miami, NO, AZ, and LA just like the BCS Championship was.
Green Lantern

Post by Green Lantern »

I went over the past Superbowls and was surprised to see that original AFL teams have only won 9 of 44 games (considering that the Colts, Steelers, Ravens were all original NFL teams moving over after the merger).

The http://www.thefixisin.net guy (Brian Tuohy) is saying the whole thing is rigged in any event (his pregame prediction was Packers in a close game).

O.K....I still like football. (Wrestling, roller derby and NASCAR are clean, too, right? :thinking: )

Re: America the Beautiful, Star Spangled Banner I prefer a rather straight up version of these and the stylings with embellishments is almost beyond irritating. However, if you ever have a chance to hear Carmen Dragon's (Hollywood Bowl Orchestra) it will bring tears to your eyes.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

CaptainKickback wrote:True Cleveland fans will have nothing to do with the Ravens, the Modell family and generally wish them to perpetually drown in a lake of fire for all eternity.
If they'd settle for a river of fire, they wouldn't have far to go.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume