Indonesia

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Re: Indonesia

Post by Prof »

And best wishes.
"My Health is Better in November."
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Actually toured a mosque earlier this evening - second ballsiest thing I've ever done in my life.

The first was this morning: I'm officially married and I have ze papers to prove it.

I was married in traditional Java wedding attire which means they double wrapped my fat ass into a sarong (and I do look good in a sarong, if I may say).

As soon as I am able I will be posting the pictures.

It was a beautiful wedding, very small and very simple with just immediate family in attendance. We kept it under wraps because if you tell anyone you're getting married here in Indonesia you basically just invited them and 300 of their friends to the wedding too.

And then you're obliged to feed them.

You can see this is going to burn through your money fairly quickly.

Take your Uncle Dok's advice: keep your mouth shut about your nuptials to anyone not in your immediate family. You're going to need that money to grease some skids later when it comes to dealing with the Civil Affairs Office. :wink:

More on that later...
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Doktor Avalanche

The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Congrats - a very beautiful picture.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Indeed.

What are you holding?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

And many happy tomorrows.
"My Health is Better in November."
Parvati
Demigoddess of Volatile Benevolence

Post by Parvati »

Oh, wow! Congratulations! Brilliant picture. She's lovely. :D
"The risk in becoming very intimate with a moldie Parvati is that she may unexpectedly become a Kali and take your head."--Rudy Rucker, Freeware
“Most men would kill the truth if truth would kill their religion.”--Lemuel K. Washburn.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Excellent catch, Dok. You guys look great together. There's gonna be some cute kids (assuming that's in the cards, of course).
wserra wrote:What are you holding?
I'd wager that it's a sheathed kris.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

webhick wrote:
I was going to say it was a liberty tool. But the words "liberty" and "wedding" don't really belong in the same sentence.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Again, congratulations, great picture.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Doktor Avalanche

webhick wrote:Excellent catch, Dok. You guys look great together. There's gonna be some cute kids (assuming that's in the cards, of course).
Yes, there's definitely going to be some kids with this marriage.

And you are quite correct: that is indeed a sheathed kris (or keris).
CaptainKickback wrote:I know it is a trick of the lighting and the photo, but I swear, the look on Dok's face is one where he has realized that he is holding the knife that removed his 'nads and that the missus has them in her purse with a look that says, "Oh there's gonna be big changes white boy. I am in charge here and I have your marbles to prove it."

It's the end of a loooong week and I am a bit loopy, so my impression could be completely off.
Oh, I already signed away my rights to those days before the wedding. :whistle:

Actually, the sarong I was wearing was double wrapped pretty tight on me making it nigh impossible to breathe, sit, walk or do anything comfortably. And that it was a million degrees outside...

Ladies, I will never complain again about how long it takes you to get ready nor will I ever criticize what you have to do to look good. Having been subjected to this, I totally understand now.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

She's beautiful, Dok!
Demo.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Congratulations, Dok - now comes the question - does she know what life is going to be like here?
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Doktor Avalanche

Demosthenes wrote:She's beautiful, Dok!
Thank you, Demo.
Judge Roy Bean wrote:Congratulations, Dok - now comes the question - does she know what life is going to be like here?
I've told her as much as I can about life in the United States. There comes a point when it has to stop being theory and start being put into practice.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

wserra wrote:Indeed.

What are you holding?
CaptainKickBack wrote: ... he is holding the knife that removed his 'nads and that the missus has them in her purse with a look that says, ...
Close Cap'n, it's the knife his new father-in-law will use for aforementioned -ahem- "ritual" if he disses papa's little girl. :mrgreen:

Congrats Dok! Very happy for you!
Doktor Avalanche

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:

What are you holding?
CaptainKickBack wrote: ... he is holding the knife that removed his 'nads and that the missus has them in her purse with a look that says, ...
Close Cap'n, it's the knife his new father-in-law will use for aforementioned -ahem- "ritual" if he disses papa's little girl. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, seven years ago my father-in-law went to sleep one night and never woke up again.

I did visit his grave while I was there. I told myself I wasn't going to cry but that all went out the window.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Doktor Avalanche wrote:
Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:

What are you holding?

Unfortunately, seven years ago my father-in-law went to sleep one night and never woke up again.

I did visit his grave while I was there. I told myself I wasn't going to cry but that all went out the window.
Mr. M. opens mouth and inserts foot. :brickwall:

I should have re-read the thread, thought you had mentioned the new missus' father. Your emotions had his gravesite was a huge show of respect to her, and her late father. :wink:
Doktor Avalanche

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote: Mr. M. opens mouth and inserts foot. :brickwall:

I should have re-read the thread, thought you had mentioned the new missus' father. Your emotions had his gravesite was a huge show of respect to her, and her late father. :wink:
It's ok - I know you meant no disrespect.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Doktor Avalanche wrote:
Mr. Mephistopheles wrote: Mr. M. opens mouth and inserts foot. :brickwall:

It's ok - I know you meant no disrespect.
Still, it's one of those "oh mannnnn" moments. :oops:
Doktor Avalanche

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote: Still, it's one of those "oh mannnnn" moments. :oops:
No harm. You're entitled to a few. :wink: