too d*mn cute for words

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

too d*mn cute for words

Post by Cathulhu »

I well remember that the actress Anne Francis (I have the Forbidden Planet soundtrack on vinyl) stated in an interview that she hated working with Bruce the ocelot on her tv show "Honey West" because he was NOT domesticated. But the cuteness here on the five pound baby is off the scale!

http://seattlest.com/2011/05/04/camera- ... os_oce.php

The zoo also put on a nice demonstration in the bear enclosure of what happens to your campsite. I'm told it was pretty dramatic. Wonder if they hid a twinkie in the tent?
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: too d*mn cute for words

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Cathulhu wrote:The zoo also put on a nice demonstration in the bear enclosure of what happens to your campsite. I'm told it was pretty dramatic. Wonder if they hid a twinkie in the tent?
Probably a Snickers bar.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Cathulhu wrote:...
The zoo also put on a nice demonstration in the bear enclosure of what happens to your campsite. I'm told it was pretty dramatic. Wonder if they hid a twinkie in the tent?
I've seen a good-sized brown bear "bear-handle" a FULL dumpster backwards so the lids flipped open - obviously not a first-timer.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Unidyne »

Arthur Rubin wrote:
Cathulhu wrote:The zoo also put on a nice demonstration in the bear enclosure of what happens to your campsite. I'm told it was pretty dramatic. Wonder if they hid a twinkie in the tent?
Probably a Snickers bar.
Probably an apple. Bears love apples and they have a sense of smell that's better than a dog.

I've seen a listing for a "bear proof food container" that had a lid secured with large screws that, the listing insisted, could not be opened by a bear "without a screwdriver or a large coin".

I guess an opposable thumb could be handy as well, no? :?

"Gee, Yogi! I don't think Ranger Smith is gonna be happy with you borrowing his tool box without asking!"
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Cathulhu wrote:I well remember that the actress Anne Francis (I have the Forbidden Planet soundtrack on vinyl) stated in an interview that she hated working with Bruce the ocelot on her tv show "Honey West" because he was NOT domesticated. But the cuteness here on the five pound baby is off the scale!

http://seattlest.com/2011/05/04/camera- ... os_oce.php
Awwww. You probably should have warned the Quatloos guys to take precautions before viewing this picture. The collective manhood weakened just by looking at that widdle pink nose pad.

It's why they're focusing their attention on the bear side story, doncha' know.
Demo.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

Demosthenes wrote:Awwww. You probably should have warned the Quatloos guys to take precautions before viewing this picture. The collective manhood weakened just by looking at that widdle pink nose pad.

It's why they're focusing their attention on the bear side story, doncha' know.
When I visited Yosemite the rangers told lots of stories about bears and their extraordinarily sensitive noses. One time a bear found an open cooler loaded with beer. It opened only one can of the Budweiser, but opened and drank all the cans of the imported brew. Must have been a sophisticated male bear. The bears in this Woodland Park Zoo video aren't drinking the beer, but I'm posting it for the guys anyway: Grizzly Bears Rearrange Campsite

More pix of Evita the baby ocelot: Baby Ocelot Debuts at Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo, Locals Die of Cuteness

And video of an earlier pair of Woodland Park Zoo baby ocelots: Cute Baby Ocelot Kittens. Notice that the zookeepers are female.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Kestrel wrote:Notice that the zookeepers are female.
But were they before they starting caring for the widdle pink nose pads?
Demo.