Law school

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Law school

Post by Arthur Rubin »

I've been accepted to Western State College of Law -- not necessarily the most prestigious school, but it's only 3 miles from home.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
obadiah
Pirate
Pirate

Re: Law school

Post by obadiah »

Kudos.
1. There is a kind of law that I like, which are my own rules, which I call common law. It applies to me.
2. There are many other kinds of law but they don’t apply to me, because I say so."
LLAP
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Good luck and I hope you enjoy law school as much as I did and a life in the law as much as I have.
"My Health is Better in November."
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Remember: there are no stupid questions. However, some questions offer greater opportunity for a sarcastic reply than others.
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Arthur Rubin wrote:I've been accepted to Western State College of Law -- not necessarily the most prestigious school, but it's only 3 miles from home.

Pardon my ignorance - is this something you've decided to do later in life or are you following a graduate path?

Only one suggestion - train yourself to respond as opposed to react.

Either way, congratulations! And I'm still curious about your motivation - do you intend to practice?
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Arthur Rubin wrote:I've been accepted to Western State College of Law -- not necessarily the most prestigious school, but it's only 3 miles from home.
Congratulations! It may not be the most prestigious school but at least it is a better law school than some other schools in California.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Although a relatively young law school, Western State is superior to many older and better known law schools.

http://www.wsulaw.edu/about-us/history.aspx

My advice, based on my own experience, do not try to work and go to school at the same time, at least not during the first year when the basic subjects (contracts, property, research) are taught. Give those basics your full attention!
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Congratulations on your acceptance. Presumably this is one of the courses that gives exemptions from CA state board exams, but I'm wondering if there are options or parts of the later course that would make some of the state requirements easier or avoidable when it comes to your chosen areas of practise. Not something you need to worry about this minute, but may be worth investigating for future reference.
What do you actually want to do with your qualification?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self