BLISS

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

BLISS

Post by LaVidaRoja »

There's a Twilight Zone marathon on tonite. "To Serve Man" is on at 7 pm!!
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: BLISS

Post by Unidyne »

LaVidaRoja wrote:There's a Twilight Zone marathon on tonite. "To Serve Man" is on at 7 pm!!
Spending your 4th in the 5th dimension?
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Why not?
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Rod Serling rocks!
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

For those who have a Netflix subscription, seasons 1, 2, 3, and 5 are available for streaming. One of Rod Serling's other series, Night Gallery, is available for streaming on Hulu. However, there are a few episodes of Night Gallery that are not available, but most are.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

I watched a few of the "Twilight Zone" episodes during the "marathon". It was great to see a character actor like Burgess Meredith in several. I was grossed out the previous night by a hideous movie on Syfy, so was not into even high quality scifi.
Last edited by Number Six on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Cathulhu

Post by Cathulhu »

The movies made for the syfy channel frankly suck. Unskilled actors, wretched writing, cheap CGI, not worth the precious moments of life to watch them! I avoid them as one would the plague.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Cathulhu wrote:The movies made for the syfy channel frankly suck. Unskilled actors, wretched writing, cheap CGI, not worth the precious moments of life to watch them! I avoid them as one would the plague.
Strange, those are all the things I love about them. One day I may write a tribute movie called "SyFy Original Movie."

IT WILL BE A SIX HOUR TALE OF EPIC AWFULNESS AND YOU WILL BE MADE TO LOVE IT!
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Cathulhu

Post by Cathulhu »

When I'm in the mood for awfulness, I watch Bollywood dance numbers.
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

One of the forgotten classics of Twilight-Zone type programs was 'Way Out, which broadcast only 14 episodes in the spring of 1961. Hosted by Roald Dahl, the series was much more macabre than Twilight Zone and featured deliciously dark intros by Dahl.

Five episodes have kicked around on DVD, but the only place to find and view all 14 shows is the Paley Center for Media in New York and Los Angeles. If you're ever in either city, you owe it to yourself to drop by and watch some or all of the shows (including the commercials for L&M cigarettes).

http://www.roalddahlfans.com/tvshows/wayoarticle.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Way_Out
Last edited by Cpt Banjo on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Parvati
Demigoddess of Volatile Benevolence

Post by Parvati »

CaptainKickback wrote:Then you missed out on the greatest piece of cinema ever - the epic catfight between Tiffany and Debbie Gibson is Mega Python v. Gatoroid. And as a bonus - Mickey Dolenz! He is on screen about 3 minutes before being eaten.
Just Netflix'd that over the long weekend. I wouldn't even go so far as to give it the Ellisonian label "elegant trash," but it was an amusing trainwreck.

I admit that I love crappy Network Formerly Known As SciFi movies. Epic line, delivered straight: "Hey, Mansquito!" (That was one of theirs, wasn't it...? Corin Nemec was slumming in it, but it didn't have a Baldwin.)
"The risk in becoming very intimate with a moldie Parvati is that she may unexpectedly become a Kali and take your head."--Rudy Rucker, Freeware
“Most men would kill the truth if truth would kill their religion.”--Lemuel K. Washburn.