Comic-con San Diego

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Re: Comic-con San Diego

Post by Cathulhu »

This is the video that will win the Hugo this year, and is emphatically NSFW. I love this girl, for she has mega moxie. I'm told that Ray approves the video.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/70bf2e ... y-bradbury

It'll be later that the Hugo is awarded, but I cherish hopes that she'll make an appearance at Comic-con.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Cathulhu

Post by Cathulhu »

CK, should I ever meet the guy from Torchwood who plays Captain Jack (and strikes all those Dramatic Poses on top of buildings) it will be a distinct effort not to slap him upside the head. For the sake of my pretensions to civility, I'm just avoiding the situation.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Cathulhu wrote:CK, should I ever meet the guy from Torchwood who plays Captain Jack (and strikes all those Dramatic Poses on top of buildings) it will be a distinct effort not to slap him upside the head. For the sake of my pretensions to civility, I'm just avoiding the situation.
His name is John Barrowman.

And why do you want to slap him upside the head?
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:
Cathulhu wrote:CK, should I ever meet the guy from Torchwood who plays Captain Jack (and strikes all those Dramatic Poses on top of buildings) it will be a distinct effort not to slap him upside the head. For the sake of my pretensions to civility, I'm just avoiding the situation.
His name is John Barrowman.

And why do you want to slap him upside the head?
Is it about the actor, or the character? In spite of appearances, the character isn't a MCP, he's a CJCP. I don't know that much about the actor....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Cathulhu

Post by Cathulhu »

I'm not proud of my urge to slap him upside the head, but I think it's the pretentious poses that create the urge. I don't often react in this fashion, but there's something about both the character, and the actor himself that just plain ticks me off.

I'm too civilized (or good at faking it) to slap him, but don't trust me with a seltzer bottle...