Art and stuff........

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: Art and stuff........

Post by Demosthenes »

Thule wrote:
Demosthenes wrote: I also have a wealth of useless knowledge of art things ranging from Russian Expressionism to Renaissance architecture.
OK. The reason I wondered is that I seem to remember that you once mentioned that your husband is a bit older than you :lol:
hee hee hee. I am *so* going to tell him that...
Demo.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:Okay, I will admit I am a huge horn-dog, but if I had not read about the statue and I just saw it, it would not occur to me to go around back, or under it. I also view the guys standing underneath the statue, or looking at it from behind as kind of pervy, and very immature. Doing that rates right up there with shoe mirrors and watching up-skirt videos.
I would LOVE to sneak out there and hang a sign under Marilyn's skirt -- something like "hey, pervies -- get the hell out from under here, and look at the statue from the outside like normal people do".
Look only from the outside? Avoid looking from underneath? Are you serious? The monstrosity is 26 feet tall. The waist itself is about 18 feet high, and the flaring skirt blocks the view of the upper torso unless you are either (1) standing way out by the street directly in front of it, or (2) looking from an upper story window.

Anyone walking down the sidewalk or entering/exiting the building behind it is going to get an eyeful of Yuk whether they want to or not.

Let's just hope they do regular paint maintenance on the monstrosity over the next year. The only thing worse than giantess panties you can't avoid noticing would be stained giantess panties you can't avoid noticing. Image
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Found a good use for the statue:

When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie