Cheyenne Wyoming

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Cheyenne Wyoming

Post by Demosthenes »

If you had a free afternoon in Cheyenne, what would you do?

So far, the only thing on my list is visiting a cowgirl museum.
Demo.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Cheyenne Wyoming

Post by Famspear »

Demosthenes wrote:If you had a free afternoon in Cheyenne, what would you do?

I'd visit a cowgirl.

Except that my wife would object.

:Axe:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Demo, if you can't find some means of getting into trouble, you're losing your touch.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

She doesn't need it. In her spare time, she's a sniper instructor at Quantico.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Well, if you want a really good burger go to 2 Doors Down (there ain't much in the way of fine dining in Cheyenne). Unfortunately, you missed the Cheyenne Frontier Days, that's probably the highlight of the year in Cheyenne.

You might like the Wyoming Hereford Ranch, just east of Cheyenne. Gorgeous spot. The Bit-O-Wyo Ranch is more touristy, but can have some fun things to do.

I have family near there, I'll ask around for some more ideas.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Drive down to Ft. Collins - there's a bit of a downtown "art colony" flair there.

But Wyoming in October? Arrange to have another day or two to go Antelope hunting. 8)
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:....Drive down to Ft. Collins - there's a bit of a downtown "art colony" flair there......
Speaking of Fort Collins, I just saw something on TV this morning about the "safest place to drive" in the United States. Fort Collins came out as the safest place to drive, according to the study.

So...... drive around there all you want!

I've never been to Colorado, and the only other thing I know about Fort Collins is that it is the home of the WWV and WWVB broadcast facilities of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (formerly the National Bureau of Standards), where the time signals (based on the so-called "atomic clock") are transmitted -- the signals that synchronize your clocks for you, if you're into that sort of thing.....

OK, OK, I guess my "geek-ness" is showing a little....
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Famspear wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:....Drive down to Ft. Collins - there's a bit of a downtown "art colony" flair there......
Speaking of Fort Collins, I just saw something on TV this morning about the "safest place to drive" in the United States. Fort Collins came out as the safest place to drive, according to the study.

So...... drive around there all you want!

I've never been to Colorado, and the only other thing I know about Fort Collins is that it is the home of the WWV and WWVB broadcast facilities of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (formerly the National Bureau of Standards), where the time signals (based on the so-called "atomic clock") are transmitted -- the signals that synchronize your clocks for you, if you're into that sort of thing.....

OK, OK, I guess my "geek-ness" is showing a little....
Every so often, I fire up my shortwave radio and reset the clocks in my house with the signals from one of those stations. Canada and Venezuela have the same sort of stations, as well.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Im not sure as its been a number of years, but I think Cheyenne was one of the towns that they restored and made a museum out of the train station and yard since it was one of the trail towns that shipped cattle by the millions. I used to be able to tell you all the towns in the West that did it but that was 30 years ago... lol.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Nikki wrote:She doesn't need it. In her spare time, she's a sniper instructor at Quantico.
Actually, I'm in Cheyenne for an FBI National Academy training / meeting.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:But Wyoming in October? Arrange to have another day or two to go Antelope hunting. 8)
The only thing I'm likely to do to Bambi's cousin is give it a nice scratching behind the antlers.
Demo.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Demosthenes wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:But Wyoming in October? Arrange to have another day or two to go Antelope hunting. 8)
The only thing I'm likely to do to Bambi's cousin is give it a nice scratching behind the antlers.
Surely you could make your way onto the invitee's list for this:

http://hosted.ap.org/specials/interacti ... late2.html
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three