iPad fun

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: iPad fun

Post by The Observer »

Check out http://www.imore.com/ for general updates, app reviews and techie info for the iPad.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

If you want your iPad to be more than an expensive toy, be sure to download the following apps:

OnLive Desktop (work on your Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel docs on your iPad in the familiar setting of a Windows 7 screen)
Dropbox (sync your documents between your PC and iPad)

Other cool apps I use:

Logitech Alert lets me monitor my home's security cameras from afar
Squeezebox lets me play all of my music on a portable boombox anywhere in the house, using my iPad as a controller
Kindle reader
FedCtRecords = Pacer
Google Earth
Weather+
MaxGo - watch Cinemax on your iPad
HBO Go - watch HBO
Netflix - watch movies
Opentable - make dinner reservations
Epicurious - turn your iPad into a kickass cookbook
Demo.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

CaptainKickback wrote:What I am using it for is to read the 4 or 5 usual news sites I go to daily, while ensconced on the sofa and watching my favorite programs
You may want to check out the Instapaper app as a way to download webpages to read later when you are on the go, or in a spot where you can't connect to the web.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Be sure to check out some of the multiplayer games like chess, go, scrabble, and mahjong.
Demo.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

This one app is great if you like social media and news. Flipboard creates a personalized magazine out of everything being shared with you. Flip through news stories, your Facebook newsfeed, tweets from your Twitter timeline, photos from Instagram friends and much more.

Flipboard