Adoption

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Re: Adoption

Post by ashlynne39 »

I'm in the early stages of adoption as well though I'm going private. This opportunity came up a few weeks ago. The mother is due in about 3 months.Of course nothing is a done deal until the adoption is final but I'm hoping everything goes well.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

ashlynne39 wrote:I'm in the early stages of adoption as well though I'm going private. This opportunity came up a few weeks ago. The mother is due in about 3 months.Of course nothing is a done deal until the adoption is final but I'm hoping everything goes well.
Great, best of luck!
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
ashlynne39

Post by ashlynne39 »

Just thought I would give an update. Several weeks ago I learned the the baby I was planning to adopt was born early and there were complications and she was stillborn. It has taken some time for me to be able to talk about it. In line with the theory that bad things come in threes, two weeks ago my house was broken into and a lot of jewelry and other items (including my grandmothers engagement ring) were stolen. Then two days later I was attacked at a stoplight by a crazy woman with some road rage issues and a lot of prior felony and misdemeanor convictions. It has been a lot to deal with lately but I'm hoping that things will begin to get better. I'm hoping another adoption opportunity will be available at some point and that when it does I will be ready to say yes again.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

My heart goes out to you. I cannot think of the right words to say, but know that my thoughts are with you.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

ashlynne39 wrote:Just thought I would give an update. Several weeks ago I learned the the baby I was planning to adopt was born early and there were complications and she was stillborn. It has taken some time for me to be able to talk about it. In line with the theory that bad things come in threes, two weeks ago my house was broken into and a lot of jewelry and other items (including my grandmothers engagement ring) were stolen. Then two days later I was attacked at a stoplight by a crazy woman with some road rage issues and a lot of prior felony and misdemeanor convictions. It has been a lot to deal with lately but I'm hoping that things will begin to get better. I'm hoping another adoption opportunity will be available at some point and that when it does I will be ready to say yes again.
Sorry to hear about that. It's tough. I hope you'll be OK and your car wasn't seriously damaged.

Years ago when my camera was stolen the police recovered it at a pawn shop. When they returned it to me they informed me that the thief was sitting in their jail. My proof of ownership and the pawn ticket were all the evidence the police needed to catch him. Perhaps you'll be just as fortunate.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

I hope things start looking up for you ashlynne.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Montana Notasovrun
Cannoneer
Cannoneer
Location: I was turned loose somewhere in the middle of Montana

Post by Montana Notasovrun »

webhick wrote:I hope things start looking up for you ashlynne.
I want to say more than "ditto". Adoption has been such a wonderful thing for me that I can't imagine how you feel. Both my children are adopted and they are now fabulous adults. It was a pleasure to watch how they grew up and became the great people they are today. My hope for you is that, bad things stop happening, now, and that your next adoption is successful.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

We have never adopted. However, the first time my wife became pregnant, it ended with a fetal demise at 22 weeks. I know how you must feel. Sorry.

- Wes (who now has two great kids)
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Sincerely hope that good things will follow all of these horrible things. Hang in there.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

My thoughts and best wishes are with you.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

This awful series of incidents, one on top of another, would be devastating to anyone. However, as Annie sang, "Tomorrow!" (Trite, I know, but true.)
"My Health is Better in November."
ashlynne39

Post by ashlynne39 »

Thanks all. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

I did get good news today though on one front. The woman who attacked me is going to be charged with terroristic threat. They were only going to charge her with assault by threat but I insisted that the police go to the DA again and take them my statement. So at least that worked out. This woman has 4 prior felonies and 4 prior misdemeanors for some pretty violent acts. So, I just couldn't believe they were going to charge her with a class c misdemeanor and give her a ticket. At least that is one thing taken care of.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

ashlynne39 wrote:Just thought I would give an update. Several weeks ago I learned the the baby I was planning to adopt was born early and there were complications and she was stillborn. It has taken some time for me to be able to talk about it. In line with the theory that bad things come in threes, two weeks ago my house was broken into and a lot of jewelry and other items (including my grandmothers engagement ring) were stolen. Then two days later I was attacked at a stoplight by a crazy woman with some road rage issues and a lot of prior felony and misdemeanor convictions. It has been a lot to deal with lately but I'm hoping that things will begin to get better. I'm hoping another adoption opportunity will be available at some point and that when it does I will be ready to say yes again.
Wow, so sorry to hear about all of this. I hope that brighter days are ahead for you.
After three years of grueling treatments, we lost our first pregnancy fairly far along (with severe complications for my wife - hanging out a lot in hospitals is never fun). The second we lost a bit earlier. Both were extremely emotionally painful and I know it takes time to work through it.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
VanMeters Revenge

Post by VanMeters Revenge »

I know most of you and I are typically at odds with one another but none the less when something such as someone looking to adopt a child it touches a soft spot in my heart. So, for those that desire to become parents, I would like to share information with a great pair of guys whom are wonderful adoption lawyers here in the Indianapolis.
http://www.kirsh.com/
They are heaven sent for potential adoptive parents, biological mother/parents and especially the child(ren). I love Steven and Joel Kirsh dearly for all they do for others.
So if you are considering adoption, please don’t hesitate to contact them, they are held in high esteem by so many people in our community and the lives they have touched over the years.