Barefoot Wines

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Barefoot Wines

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

I was strolling through the mom & pop down the street from where I live when I came upon a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon by a winery named Barefoot.

Verdict: awesome!

Price: even moreso ($6.00).

http://www.barefootwine.com/
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: Barefoot Wines

Post by webhick »

I'm disturbed by their website. The homepage boasts one of their products that they describe as "juicy," which given the company name and the footprint on the bottle doesn't sound all that appetizing.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

webhick wrote:I'm disturbed by their website. The homepage boasts one of their products that they describe as "juicy," which given the company name and the footprint on the bottle doesn't sound all that appetizing.
Don't let that stop you.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Parvati
Demigoddess of Volatile Benevolence

Post by Parvati »

They're nice enough. Certainly less offensive than the godawful Yellow Tail that pollutes the low-to-middling range here on the East Coast. Even my grandfather produced better wine, and some of his vintages would've barely passed muster as salad vinegar.
"The risk in becoming very intimate with a moldie Parvati is that she may unexpectedly become a Kali and take your head."--Rudy Rucker, Freeware
“Most men would kill the truth if truth would kill their religion.”--Lemuel K. Washburn.