A Concise year-end Wrap-Up Cartoon Style!

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

A Concise year-end Wrap-Up Cartoon Style!

Post by Burnaby49 »

By my favorite editorial cartoonist, our own Canadian Gary Clement. While it covers world events some Coles notes for the non-Canadian readers:

B is for Boxing - Justin Trudeau is the son of our ex Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau. Justin is an elected member of the House of Parliament and is running for leadership of the liberal party against Marc Garneau, a Canadian astronaut. Justin beat a guy called Brazeau in a celebrity boxing match earlier this year.

O is for Oda - Bev Oda was a government minister in a very minor portfolio who was fired for grossly misusing her expense accounts. The final straw was a $16 glass of orange juice.

R is for Robocall - A political scandal from the last federal election where robocalls were made to areas considered to support the liberal party giving false data on the location of polling stations.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... view-2012/
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: A Concise year-end Wrap-Up Cartoon Style!

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Coles Notes: the Canadian counterpart to Cliff's Notes.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Coles Notes: the Canadian counterpart to Cliff's Notes.
Actually Cliffs Notes is the American counterpart to Coles Notes since Coles/Cliff's originated in Canada. The Coles bookstore in Toronto started publishing Coles Notes in 1948. In 1958 the Cole brothers, who owned the bookstore, sold the American rights to Cliff Hillegass who published the American version under his own name. So you can blame us for generations of lazy students who took the easy route offered by a pair of Canadians.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

This is how I feel about most of the news as well as the paytriot jokers...

'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)