Illuminati invitation

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Illuminati invitation

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Seems fake, but I thought I'd check here:
To: <one of my real E-mail addresses, but with no name>
Reply-To: <redacted>@oath.com

WORLD GREATEST OFFER

It’s an opportunity that every human desire to have. We open door of acceptance once in ten years, and few are chosen. I really congratulate you for this great offer on your door step. We choose, people don’t choose us. You can be among the chosen this year. The great association as been in existence since 1775 named great ILLUMINATI. What does this mean? Who are the Illuminati? They are, in essence, a cartel of international bankers and industrialists based in Western Europe and North America. The names of certain families persist over long periods of time. Some of the most important names are Rothschild, Rockefeller, Morgan, Lazard, Warburg, Schroder and Schiff.

We make people great and we rule the world. The world leaders are members. When you accept this offer you will have the opportunity to be great and dine with great men from different nations. We rule every social part of the world, music, sports and politics, the second essential component is control of the media. It is controlled through business fashion. We choose men with potentials and we made them what they are today. We are here for you to make your dream come through; if you dream it you can achieve it.

These are opportunity the celebrities and the richest men had; they utilize it and became an American idol. You have more to know when you are chosen as a member.

PROVIDE US YOUR DETAIL

1) Your full name
2) fax and mobile
3) Address:
4) Profession:
5) Age:
6) Marital status:
7) Sex:

You can try this offer; you can be among the chosen. In two months the story of your life will change. Do not be the killer of your dream.
It seems that the real Illuminati
  • would not need to know the "information" they are asking for, and
  • would use my name, and
  • would use a more credible means of delivering the invitation, such as leaving an invitation taped to the inside of my door.
Just passing along the information, in case this is a test. When I had a security clearance I once was tested....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Illuminati invitation

Post by The Observer »

So now someone is trying to scam the Illuminati by pretending to be us and get a piece of our ill-gotten gains.
Arthur Rubin wrote:would use a more credible means of delivering the invitation, such as leaving an invitation taped to the inside of my door.
You must have poor recall of the invitation we sent you when you first joined up. It was a sacrificed cow nailed to the inside of your door and the words "or else" branded on its hide.
Some of the most important names are Rothschild, Rockefeller, Morgan, Lazard, Warburg, Schroder and Schiff.
Irwin Schiff is an Illuminati? Boy, the standards for joining up are getting pretty lax.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

My invitation was stuck to my cellar door with a Bowie knife. It contained a 45 of Linda Ronstadt singing "Crazy", and one of The Captain and Tennille singing "Muskrat Love." The invitation closed with "your life can be like listening to one of these two records. Choose wisely."
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Mine's still where I found it, in the deep freeze. You can still read the tattoos like it was yesterday. (Though it is annoying that the usable space is reduced by about 50%).
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Unidyne »

You mean you never saw the informational video? Heck, we were shown that at the first meeting! :wink:

http://youtu.be/Wr7FJohm68o
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Olsenfin

Post by Olsenfin »

Evidently, there are a few bogus Illuminati here. REAL Illuminati know perfectly well that the summons to become part of the group is never branded on livestock or reduced to a piece of paper. We know that it appeared in our heads (and that the voice sounded a bit like Charlton Heston's).

Beware of cheap imitations! And as for you imitators, we know who you are and where you live and your shoddy pretenses will have consequences...in the fullness of time.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

Olsenfin wrote:Evidently, there are a few bogus Illuminati here. REAL Illuminati know perfectly well that the summons to become part of the group is never branded on livestock or reduced to a piece of paper. We know that it appeared in our heads (and that the voice sounded a bit like Charlton Heston's).

Beware of cheap imitations! And as for you imitators, we know who you are and where you live and your shoddy pretenses will have consequences...in the fullness of time.
My summons came late one night when I was alone. My cat walked in and suddenly started speaking to me in a deep resonant human voice. It's the only time he ever did that. He immediately sauntered towards the food dish, where he acted like nothing had happened and meowed to be fed.

Now I understand why there was no lasting damage to the cat. It was all in my head. Good thing, too. He's a nice cat.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Yes, there are those who are Invited. It is good to be Invited, in a way the Lifetime Achievement Award in Oppression of the Masses.

And then there are those who Invite. Did I ever mention that my voice sounds a bit like Charlton Heston's?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

The first information I received was a Notice Of Fine Levied (paid -- and those needles HURT) for failing to attend the mandatory orientation meeting.

Subsequently, I learned that my Notice Of Membership (specifically NOT an invitation) had been clearly printed in the published legal notices of a local Warsaw (Poland) newspaper. My fault for not regularly trolling all available sources.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Olsenfin wrote:Evidently, there are a few bogus Illuminati here. REAL Illuminati know perfectly well that the summons to become part of the group is never branded on livestock or reduced to a piece of paper. We know that it appeared in our heads (and that the voice sounded a bit like Charlton Heston's).

Well, if you MUST know... once I listened to the Linda Ronstadt 45 (and burned the one from The Captain and Tennille), I followed the instructions tacked onto the end of this special pressing. I copied the song onto tape and played it backwards. If you are truly in the know, you know the rest; but that's how my real invitation came about.
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Wolverpus
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Post by Wolverpus »

MWARRGGHHH!!!!!

I'M HUNGRY! ALL THE TIME! SO HUNGRY!

REAL ILLUMINATI ALWAYS HUNGRY!
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

I told you that you could lurk, I did not say you could post.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I was afraid that something like this was going to happen. Next thing you know, the beast is going to be demanding that it be granted a title.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Ceteris Paribus

Post by Ceteris Paribus »

I'm making my list and checking it twice. Gonna find out who's Illuminati or nice.
:mrgreen:
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

Invite, I don't need no stinkin' invite.
I am Illuminati by birthright.