I Have A Single Available On iTunes

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

I Have A Single Available On iTunes

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: I Have A Single Available On iTunes

Post by webhick »

Congratulations!

For those not paying in Euros: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/forge ... mpt=uo%3D4
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick

Post by webhick »

I just remembered that we're not supposed to be promoting commercial ventures... but Dok is a long-term member which would make this post lean more towards an announcement than "using the forum to make a buck." Right? Wrong? It's been a looooong day...
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Doktor Avalanche

webhick wrote:I just remembered that we're not supposed to be promoting commercial ventures... but Dok is a long-term member which would make this post lean more towards an announcement than "using the forum to make a buck." Right? Wrong? It's been a looooong day...
I'm just throwing it out there. This is something I've been preoccupied with for the last year and I'm very proud of what I've accomplished.

Oh yeah, I also went into business. I'm now the CEO and founder of a independent internet record label with global distribution that just signed two acts and I'm about to sign a third.

Just thought I'd share it with my good friends here on Quatloos.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Doktor Avalanche

webhick wrote:Congratulations!

For those not paying in Euros: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/forge ... mpt=uo%3D4
Oh yeah, huh?

I was checking to see if it had landed in UK and the rest of Europe. Indeed it has.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:Oh yeah, I also went into business. I'm now the CEO and founder of a independent internet record label with global distribution that just signed two acts and I'm about to sign a third.

So this is all going to be downloads only? (Goes off searching for internet usable change.)
Are you Ferguson & Grace and is Ferguson the same "band" or someone else?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

I, for one, have no problem at all with Dok's announcement, and include congratulations and best wishes.

Now if, OTOH, he had posted that you should sign up under him to sell his stuff, and that you could become rich by signing up others under you to sell his stuff, I'd likely feel differently.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

wserra wrote:I, for one, have no problem at all with Dok's announcement, and include congratulations and best wishes.

Now if, OTOH, he had posted that you should sign up under him to sell his stuff, and that you could become rich by signing up others under you to sell his stuff, I'd likely feel differently.
I agree. There's nothing wrong with promoting member's legitimate talent on the side.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Congratz Dok
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Doktor Avalanche

wserra wrote:I, for one, have no problem at all with Dok's announcement, and include congratulations and best wishes.

That's pretty much the record industry in a nutshell - it's Amway with backup singers. :snicker:

Thanks, everyone and now for some even better news:

"Forgetful" has debuted at #21 on the iTunes Blues Top 100 New Release Chart. For an independent artist on my own independent label this is nothing to sneeze at as a lot of artists like myself don't even rate anywhere near the top 100, much less break the Top 40.

I just pulled off the impossible.

Not one to rest on my laurels I am now going to attempt the Hat Trick: three songs, all in the top 40 or better and at least one in the Top Ten.
Doktor Avalanche

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:Oh yeah, I also went into business. I'm now the CEO and founder of a independent internet record label with global distribution that just signed two acts and I'm about to sign a third.

So this is all going to be downloads only? (Goes off searching for internet usable change.)
Are you Ferguson & Grace and is Ferguson the same "band" or someone else?
I am Ferguson & Grace. Grace is my partner from Clomnel, Ireland - Anthony Grace and quite possibly the most amazing guitarist I've ever heard in my life. I'm going to be rolling with him until the wheels fall off.

This Ferguson is someone else entirely.

And as for it being download only, yes. This is the Golden Age of digital media - the CD is dead. If it isn't, it's definitely on life support waiting for a family member to give the green light to pull the plug.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Keep kicking ass, Dok!
ArthurWankspittle

Doktor Avalanche wrote:I am Ferguson & Grace. Grace is my partner from Clomnel, Ireland - Anthony Grace and quite possibly the most amazing guitarist I've ever heard in my life. I'm going to be rolling with him until the wheels fall off.

This Ferguson is someone else entirely.
Thanks for that, I'd hate to spend £0.79 on the wrong artist. :snicker:
and guitarists - Allan Holdsworth (but I haven't heard Mr Grace yet.)
Doktor Avalanche wrote:And as for it being download only, yes. This is the Golden Age of digital media - the CD is dead. If it isn't, it's definitely on life support waiting for a family member to give the green light to pull the plug.
Oi, I still own some vinyl LPs. The issue with digital is that so much of it is at a low sampling rate so it's fine for iPods but shows its lack of quality on high end systems. But there's no point in the industry making it high quality as only 0.0001% of buyers would have the means to tell the difference.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Doktor Avalanche

You bought a copy, Arthur?

Dude, you rock! :mrgreen:
ArthurWankspittle

Doktor Avalanche wrote:You bought a copy, Arthur?

Not yet but I promise I will.
Doktor Avalanche

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:You bought a copy, Arthur?

Not yet but I promise I will.
Thanks, Arthur.
Doktor Avalanche

Now we just made #4 on Google Play's Blues New Release chart.

Why's this a big deal? Location, location, location.

The Blues page on Google Play displays the top 6 new releases and that puts right where everyone who likes and buys Blues can see us.

And it's not "pay for position" as I damn sure don't have that kind of money to throw around.

The staff at Google Play listened to it, liked it and deemed it worthy of a mention.

While I'm happy at all the attention this is getting, I'm actually pissed off and dismayed at the fact that I'm not selling music in South Korea or China.

Apparently, iTunes South Korea doesn't sell music. That sucks! Seoul alone is 24 million people and that's a huge market I'm locked out of. Some gratitude for helping defend their country!

Oh yeah, it's the same thing in Jamaica. Jamaica! The land that gave us Bob Marley has an iTunes that doesn't sell tunes!

WTF, Jamaica?!?

As for China, well the Chinese government decided one day when someone submitted a song to iTunes that was pro-Tibet and downloaded by over 50,000 people in China that iTunes had to go.

So they cut it off. Thank you, Great Firewall of China!

A**holes!