I danced with a sov'run.

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

I danced with a sov'run.

Post by Quixote »

Dear Quatloos,

This weekend I went to a MeetUp event at a music club. I met an attractive woman with a ready smile and awesome dance moves. When I got home, I went to her MeetUp profile page to send her a message telling her how much I had enjoyed the evening. I noticed that in addition to the social MeetUp group we both belong to, she belongs to a group called End the Fed and another sov'run related group.

Should I accept the fact that all the sane women are taken and join a monastery (are there atheist monastic orders?), try to show this woman the errors of her ways, or just hope that politics will never come up in conversation?

Lovelorn Rationalist
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
GlimDropper
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: I danced with a sov'run.

Post by GlimDropper »

Well, do you wish to create joinder with her? Why not give it a shot, if it doesn't work out you can just tell her you're no longer interested with her person but would like to continue seeing her corporate fiction.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

She may not be a sovereign. She may just be there to secretly mock them. I wouldn't sleep with her until you find out what side of the fence she's on. If you find out after, then 1) remember that stupid beats condom every time and you just caught an STD(umbass) 2) She may try to sue you for invading her admirality or something...
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I agree. After all, we all just saw a recent case in which someone actually claimed that he/she merited admiralty jurisdiction because they were a vessel for blood which contains salt, like sea water does (I know I have that wrong -- but I don't want to waste my time trying to study the BS enough to get it right), and that since ships are vessels then jurisdiction attaches. She'll probably try to accuse you of trying to seize a wreck on shore, or something like that....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: She'll probably try to accuse you of trying to seize a wreck on shore, or something like that....
I... Just... Don't...Want... To.... Know..... :shock:
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Send her an email: "Hey, baby, does your strawman want to examine my sight draft?"
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

"Skin deep", that just about sums up many of these people's loyalties as well as many on the other side. Now it may be the tea party, a little later Jim Wallis, later the Moonies, Twelve Tribes, Scientology or other cult or an actual nut house. Too bad the gumshoes have the best cutting edge investigative technologies, law enforcement could go to town if they automatically profiled citizens and saw what flavor of the month a given citizen was following, plug it into the computer with likely consequences....
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Somehow this reminds me of the 1927 hit by Edna Deane, written by Herbert Farjeon:

I've danced with a man, who's danced with a girl, who's danced with the Prince of Wales.

It was simply grand, he said "Topping band" and she said "Delightful, Sir"
Glory, Glory, Alleluia! I'm the luckiest of females
For I've danced with a man, who's danced with a girl, who's danced with the Prince of Wales.

My word I've had a party, my word I've had a spree
Believe me or believe me not, it's all the same to me!
I'm wild with exultation, I'm dizzy with success
For I've danced with a man, I've danced with a man-Who
Well, you'll never guess

I've danced with a man, who's danced with a girl, who's danced with the Prince of Wales.
I'm crazy with excitement, completely off the rails
And when he said to me what she said to him -the Prince remarked to her
It was simply grand, he said "Topping band" and she said "Delightful, Sir"
Glory, Glory, Alleluia! I'm the luckiest of females;
For I've danced with a man, who's danced with a girl, who's danced with the Prince of Wales.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I take another view of this situation, in that your admission of dancing with a sovrun perhaps casts doubt on where your loyalties lie. Are you having second thoughts about the constant oppression of the masses through income taxation and driving licenses? Are you getting weary of the daily grind of constantly supporting the illegal concept of "rule of law" that we keep telling people is the reason that we are in charge? Or are you just unhappy with the female reptilian shape-changer that was selected as a mate for you?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

This SERIOUSLY needs lyrics which can be sung to the tune of Lola to embed several layers of irony.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Thank you all for the excellent advice. The reference to seizing a wreck on shore is, however, inapposite here. The group is for singles aged 50+ and many of our number could aptly be described as wrecks. Some resemble shape shifting lizards caught in mid-transformation. This lady is not among them. When I see her again, I will explore the depth of her suv'ronness.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Quixote wrote: When I see her again, I will explore the depth of her suv'ronness.
I'm sure you will, **ahem**, explore her depth.
Flatulating Bovine

Post by Flatulating Bovine »

I don't even think End the Fed is a sovereign-related group. It is a group for people who want to end the federal reserve bank system. They might be people against debt-based currency, who favor a return to a commodity-backed currency, or who dislike central banks generally. I may be rare in that I dislike the federal reserve system in its current guise but think sovrun nonsense is just that. I think that the whole sovcit thing isn't bought by even a majority of the ron paul followers/ libertarians/ etc. A small minority maybe.

So, I say you should therefore commit joinder by parking your vessel in her dock. Be sure to use a flag with fringe to test her first though. If she recoils in horror, proceed at your own peril.