Boston Marathon

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: Boston Marathon

Post by JamesVincent »

A friend of mine usually runs the Boston as well as Marine Corps Marathon in D.C., still trying to get a hold of him but he's usually faster then the time the explosions went off. Doesn't look like runners were injured, it was all spectators.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Burzmali
Exalted Guardian of the Gilded Quatloos

Post by Burzmali »

Also, this reeks of homegrowns. Any chance feline ears have noticed waggling tongues from certain quarters?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I'm heading home now; but since I get off of I-93 at an exit which leads to the JFK Library, in one direction, that may not be easy. Cell phone service just got suspended, because people are worried about other bombs being detonated that way.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Burzmali wrote:Also, this reeks of homegrowns. Any chance feline ears have noticed waggling tongues from certain quarters?
WBZ just made that very same speculation.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Burzmali

Post by Burzmali »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:I'm heading home now; but since I get off of I-93 at an exit which leads to the JFK Library, in one direction, that may not be easy. Cell phone service just got suspended, because people are worried about other bombs being detonated that way.
I drove by it a half hour ago. The off ramp was still open, but there flashing police lights from the area.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Burzmali wrote:Also, this reeks of homegrowns. Any chance feline ears have noticed waggling tongues from certain quarters?
Certainly a strong possibility of that, far easier for the natives to blend in and pass unnoticed. The other factor in support of that is that there were no advance warnings nor any immediate claims by the usual suspects who would want to get as much media coverage. I would not be surprised to see that this was an operation carried out by a lone wolf or a small group of fanatics who, up to this point, have been overlooked by authorities.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Police have a suspect:
The New York Post reported authorities had a suspect, a 20-year-old Saudi national, under guard at a Boston hospital.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

webhick wrote:Police have a suspect:
The New York Post reported authorities had a suspect, a 20-year-old Saudi national, under guard at a Boston hospital.
Been quoted as a "person of interest" and is being treated for unknown injuries, which are being reported as burns.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Burzmali wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:I'm heading home now; but since I get off of I-93 at an exit which leads to the JFK Library, in one direction, that may not be easy. Cell phone service just got suspended, because people are worried about other bombs being detonated that way.
I drove by it a half hour ago. The off ramp was still open, but there flashing police lights from the area.
I went by, just about when you did. I got home with ease. I didn't see any damage to the library; but the Massachusetts State Archives building may have been in the way. The road to the Dorchester Gas Tank (for natural gas) was barricaded, and guarded by several police cars. I also saw at least three police cruisers fly past me on the Southeast Expressway.

The Chief of Police just said that the device at the Library may have been incendiary, not explosive.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

It might be significant that this happened on the day that's a deadline for mailing tax returns.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

fortinbras wrote:It might be significant that this happened on the day that's a deadline for mailing tax returns.
That would be interesting, because in Massachusetts and Maine, people get an extra day because of the Patriot's Day holiday.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

According to Slate Patriot's Day may not be random chance:

"So why were people so quick to speculate about the holiday's possible significance? Undoubtedly because they were inspired by the fact that this week does contain a number of unhappy anniversaries: the Oklahoma City Bombing (April 19, 1995), the Waco assault (April 19, 1993), the Columbine School Shooting (April 20, 1999), and the Virginia Tech massacre (April 16, 2007), for starters. Two of those tragedies—the Virginia Tech massacre and the Waco assault—were on Monday, the Patriot's Day of those years."

Then again it may just be coincidence.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Oklahoma City was specifically planned to happen on the anniversary of Waco as a message to the Feds.

It's highly likely that the other two were coincidences.

Ignoring Patriot's Day, 4/15 is a big day for protests (we used to be on lock-down in IRS headquarters due to all the loonies) and for violent anti-IRS action.

However, there doesn't (YET) seem to be any connection between today's events and any anti-IRS activity.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Police are now saying that five unexploded bombs have now been found; and that the Saudi national who is in a hospital with burns is NOT a suspect. At this point, they can't say whether the terrorists were foreign or domestic.

In other news, the Westboro Baptist "Church" is apparently planning to make an appearance at funerals, etc. They must have a death wish....
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

For what it's worth:
The head of an extremist Jordanian Muslim Salafi group said early Tuesday that he was "happy to see the horror in America" after the explosions in Boston.

"American blood isn't more precious than Muslim blood," said Mohammad al-Chalabi, who was convicted in an al-Qaida-linked plot to attack U.S. and other Western diplomatic missions in Jordan in 2003.

"Let the Americans feel the pain we endured by their armies occupying Iraq and Afghanistan and killing our people there," he said early Tuesday.

Al-Chalabi served seven years in prison for his part in the foiled attack.
Which should precipitate an immediate, UNWARRANTED backlash against American Moslems and their places of worship, :brickwall:
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

I was watching the press conference and some guy asked if the bombing was a false flag to take away our civil liberties. Then when everyone left the stage, he started screaming that two bombs going off that close together were a false flag and people should wake up. Anyone else hear this guy on the press conference?
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Latest update: the fire at the JFK Library may have been "just a fire", and not a case of arson or terrorism. The fire was in the lower part of the building, in front, which is why I didn't see it from the highway yesterday afternoon.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

ashlynne39 wrote:.... Then when everyone left the stage, he started screaming that two bombs going off that close together were a false flag and people should wake up. ...
This actually makes me very suspicious about this guy who was talking about false flags. So far there hasn't been any "flag" at all over the bombing, so talking about a false flag is completely uncalled for.

With reference to the false flag accusation: There is already a blog accusing the Boston Police of being behind the bombs - AND the fire at the JFK Library:
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/04/bos ... -flag.html
Whatever you may think of the police, I think it's crazy to believe that the police dept could so cavalierly destroy their city's tourist industry and biggest annual money-maker, or make dept-wide radio announcements of their plans without some 'honest cops' blowing the whistle on them, etc.

There was a report of one Saudi student who was running from the blasts; heck, EVERYBODY of every language and ethnicity was running from the blasts. But the guy who set the bombs would know for sure that he'd only have to be one block away and he'd be totally safe.
Burzmali

Post by Burzmali »

ashlynne39 wrote:I was watching the press conference and some guy asked if the bombing was a false flag to take away our civil liberties. Then when everyone left the stage, he started screaming that two bombs going off that close together were a false flag and people should wake up. Anyone else hear this guy on the press conference?
Let's hope the cops got to him first once the cameras were turned off.
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Burzmali wrote:
ashlynne39 wrote:I was watching the press conference and some guy asked if the bombing was a false flag to take away our civil liberties. Then when everyone left the stage, he started screaming that two bombs going off that close together were a false flag and people should wake up. Anyone else hear this guy on the press conference?
Let's hope the cops got to him first once the cameras were turned off.

Apparently it was a "reporter" for Info Wars. I'm not at all surprised to find out he was part of Alex Jones camp.