"Stones" smuggling

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

"Stones" smuggling

Post by JamesVincent »

An article from a friend of mine. One of those funny/ not funny things.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... k.facebook
An American veteran planning a 6-day vacation with his wife in Turkey who collected stones as a hobby was detained Sunday and faces trial for attempting to smuggle “historical artifacts” from the country.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Re: "Stones" smuggling

Post by Quixote »

An archaeologist I met in Belize was stopped at the border between Guatamala and Mexico under suspicion of smuggling artifacts, specifically imperfect flint arrowheads. Piles of imperfect flint arrowheads are, I am told, quite common finds at pre-columbian sites. There was a sizeable pile at the Mayan site where we met. They indicate the spot in the village at which the young men practiced the craft of making arrowheads. My acquaintance explained that he had produced the arrowheads himself to see what was involved. They let him go when he took a large piece of flint and a stone out of his trunk and proceeded to produce several perfectly formed imperfect arrowheads.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat