Title for Hilfskreuzer Möwe

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Title for Hilfskreuzer Möwe

Post by JamesVincent »

I know it's a little early to be discussing this but with the work I have seen I think we should be thinking about a title for Hilfskreuzer Möwe. He has done an amazing job of bringing to light multiple new scams and very well written narratives explaining them. I actually cant think of too many people who have done as much reporting and explaining as he has. Along with Burnaby he has opened up our northern friends to us and even beyond the Great White North. Not only would I like to show much appreciation for what he has done but I think he has earned the right to a title.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Title

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Hochste Grossadmiral der Kaiserliche Quatloosische Marine (with an umlaut over the first "o", of course).
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Höchste Großadmiral der Kaiserliche Quatloosische Marine (with an umlaut over the first "o", of course).
Fixed it for you.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

"Hilfskreuzer Möwe" is German for "Auxiliary Cruiser Seagull."

An auxiliary cruiser was a real ship in the Imperial German Navy. The SMS Möwe served with distinction, becoming the most successful German raider during WWI.
Wikipedia article: SMS Möwe

I like Höchste Großadmiral, but I'm not quite sure how we link a German warship to a Canadian sov'run hunter. Maybe we can tie in something about how the SMS Möwe was a mine-layer.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Kestrel wrote:"Hilfskreuzer Möwe" is German for "Auxiliary Cruiser Seagull."

An auxiliary cruiser was a real ship in the Imperial German Navy. The SMS Möwe served with distinction, becoming the most successful German raider during WWI.
Wikipedia article: SMS Möwe

I like Höchste Großadmiral, but I'm not quite sure how we link a German warship to a Canadian sov'run hunter. Maybe we can tie in something about how the SMS Möwe was a mine-layer.
Well, since many sovruns like to inform us that admiralty law applies to them since they are "vessels", the mine-layer aspect works out perfectly. In this case, the "mines" consist of facts which blow holes in the sovruns' contentions when they come into contact with them.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

We don't have a Commodore among the crew...

(I would take great care when conferring German military titles.)
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Lambkin wrote:We don't have a Commodore among the crew...

(I would take great care when conferring German military titles.)
Well, I used an Imperial title for my inspiration. We're talking Scheer, von Spee and Hipper, not Raeder and Doenitz.
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

notorial dissent wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:Höchste Großadmiral der Kaiserliche Quatloosische Marine (with an umlaut over the first "o", of course).
Fixed it for you.
When I first saw the thread I thought of Admiral of the Roiling Canuckian Sea but this one is better.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

TP Cruiser.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

Kapitän von Trapper

Kommodore von Trapper

The tundra's alive with the sound of sov'runs
With songs they have sung for a dozen years
The north fills my ears with the sound of sov'runs
My heart wants to laugh at every song it hears

I go to the north when my heart is lonely
I know I will hear what I've heard before
My ears will be filled with the sound of sov'runs
And I'll laugh once more.

There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the gaol
And the bells in the rathaus too
And in the pépinière an absurd little sov'run
Is popping out to say "cuckoo"

Regretfully they tell us... Cuckoo, cuckoo
But firmly they compel us... Cuckoo, cuckoo
To say goodbye ... Cuckoo! ... to you!
So long, au revoir, auf Wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu!

I think I should quit now.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I haven't heard sounds like that since Dad stepped on the garden rake which Granddad had left on the ground, with the teeth pointing up....
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

wserra wrote:TP Cruiser.
Good pun; but I'm not sure about this one. Being an old Boy Scout and knowing that "TP" is often one of the abbreviations for "toilet paper", the term TP Cruiser gives rise to some unpleasant mental imagery.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

JamesVincent wrote:I know it's a little early to be discussing this but with the work I have seen I think we should be thinking about a title for Hilfskreuzer Möwe. He has done an amazing job of bringing to light multiple new scams and very well written narratives explaining them. I actually cant think of too many people who have done as much reporting and explaining as he has. Along with Burnaby he has opened up our northern friends to us and even beyond the Great White North. Not only would I like to show much appreciation for what he has done but I think he has earned the right to a title.
I'd say it's no longer a little early. My countryman Hilfskreuzer Möwe may have, to date, provided only 137 posts but, from a Canadian standpoint (I was the solitary voice from the northern wilderness before he started posting), his contributions have been enormous. No blathering personal opinions or pointless rants, nothing but solid knowledgeable content and excellent analytical discussion presented in an entirely professional manner, all killer, no filler. No fault of his that the Chief Rock thread went sideways, you can't control crazy once it's unleashed! Time for a title.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

An additional comment. Please, nothing with Canuck in it. I know it's the name of my home-town hockey team and a general term for Canadians but I really don't like it. While it is not generally considered derogatory it's what you Yanks decided to call us a century or two ago. We have enough problems being a distinct nation without being branded with an American designation.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

wserra

Re: Title for Hilfskreuzer Möwe

Post by wserra »

Möwe is unbelievable. Look at his/her contributions to just the "Chief Rock Sino General" thread. "The patience of Job" is an understatement - and considerable knowledge of Canadian law. I concur with James and Burnaby - in terms of number of posts, too early, but not in terms of contribution to the site.

Still, I'm not so good at ranks, and Pottapaug shot down my offering (with understandable reason). C'mon, guys, pitch in.

But not you, Möwe.
- David Hume
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

wserra wrote:Möwe is unbelievable. Look at his/her contributions to just the "Chief Rock Sino General" thread. "The patience of Job" is an understatement - and considerable knowledge of Canadian law. I concur with James and Burnaby - in terms of number of posts, too early, but not in terms of contribution to the site.

Still, I'm not so good at ranks, and Pottapaug shot down my offering (with understandable reason). C'mon, guys, pitch in.

But not you, Möwe.
I stand corrected by wserra. Refering to Möwe as "he" in my prior post was just my sexist assumption.

Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Höchste Großadmiral der Kaiserliche Quatloosische Marine.
Let's have the other finalists, please....
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

It's not great, but, perhaps
Archivist of the Great White North
(I know, archivist is not a "hip" profession, but one of his many talents is finding Canadian court cases on point to specific sovereign claims.)

or, perhaps translating that into German....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
wserra

Post by wserra »

Gotta be a least a little snarky.
- David Hume
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

wserra wrote:Gotta be a least a little snarky.
Sorry. I thought "Great White North" might qualify. "Finder-of-lost-Canadian-court-cases" (and translate that into German, where it's probably one word)?

I don't want to try to translate "sovereign" into German.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95