9/11 conspiracy theory

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

9/11 conspiracy theory

Post by Cathulhu »

Not sure which topic this fits--but the guy who is bossing the team of fellows that are installing my new oak floors over the next couple days who actually believes that the twin towers fell due to a conspiracy.

:roll:

p.s. Just heard him tell the crew that he barely finished eighth grade. Uh-huh.

edited to add p.s.

[Moderator: edited out reference to political party since this violates Quatloos policy on political commentary]
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: 9/11 conspiracy theory

Post by Famspear »

Cathulhu wrote:Not sure which topic this fits--but the guy who is bossing the team of fellows that are installing my new oak floors over the next couple days who actually believes that the twin towers fell due to a conspiracy.

:roll:

p.s. Just heard him tell the crew that he barely finished eighth grade. Uh-huh....
Yeah, see, that explains a lot. Had the guy managed to attend and finish ninth grade, he would have accumulated enough knowledge to discern that the conspiracy over the twin towers was the result of a confluence of dastardly agreements among the Illuminati, the Freemasons, the International Banksters, the Evil IRS Revenoors, the Bar, and the men's room attendant at the White House.

It's a pity his edumakashun was incomplete......
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Burzmali
Exalted Guardian of the Gilded Quatloos

Post by Burzmali »

Well, technically, wasn't it a conspiracy?

Some twenty odd individuals plotted in secret and executed more or less to plan.

Pretty much textbook definition really.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I'm sure that the 20 or so guys that you are thinking of are not the same 20 or so guys of which the constuction boss was thinking...
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I think that goes without saying, and equally spoils all his conspiralooning in the bargain.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Rather obviously the Sept 11th attacks were the result of a conspiracy, namely the one among 19 Arab hijackers. Details are sketchy but it appears that only the hijack pilots knew this was a suicide mission, the others who were used to bully the passengers were misled into thinking they were kidnapping hostages and would land somewhere to negotiate some sort of ransom.

The sort of conspiracies the "truthers" are imagining require the complicity of the Bush White House, the Israelis, the Pentagon, or some combination thereof. These imaginings involve highly technical devices - that don't yet exist - convoluted and high risk pretenses that have never seemed to work before or since - and a mix of extremely advanced thinking combined with really sloppy execution. They even involve behavior contrary to the known laws of physics and contrary to all human nature (e.g., would the NYC Fire Dept actually be complicit in a scheme to kill 300 of its own people gratuitously? would the planes seen crashing into the towers be mere optical illusions but the actual planes that took off from Boston and all their passengers mysteriously never be seen again?).