Dorean Trial III

Discussion of various forms of Advance Fee Fraud, including application fees for loans that never materialize, self-liquidating loan scams, as well as mortgage elimination scams and related debt elimination scams [Nigerian-type scams should go in the Nigerian 4-1-9 forum]
Scott from Vineland

Post by Scott from Vineland »

Judge Roy Bean wrote: Instead of tens of thousands of followers he thought would hold forth, it boiled down to a few hundred who were willing and able to actually cough up a few thousand to gamble on their homes. I suppose he was counting on vastly larger numbers of easily confused people. Now there's nothing left than a tiny number of apparently disturbed blog responders.

But he really could have drawn in more victims if they had the cash resources to carry on with a lower-priced scheme. They may have just priced themselves into oblivion, investigation, prosecution and a prison sentence.

Like many promoters, their greed seems to have overwhelmed their intuition. How many more people would they have been able to hook if it had been $950, or even $95 instead of more than a thousand? Same program, same non-result but perhaps hundreds of thousands of participants instead. Their off-shore accounts would be waiting for them even now if they hadn't had to pull the Kenney civil case bluff.

Interesting marketing issue.

The pieces are all out there for someone else to use. As Bill Cosby said, you nail two boards together that have never been nailed together before and someone's going to buy it.
Time was definitely the Dorean Group's enemy. I actually think $1,000 was an easy fee to justify when you show the prospective client/victim all the fancy paperwork you plan to file/present on their behalf. But filing the Kenny suit certainly expedited their downfall.

On another note Judge, a co-worker put me onto a web-page you will probably find interesting, if you haven't already seen it (it was new to me but then I don't get out much).

http://ml-implode.com/
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Thanks, Scott. I am familiar with the site - and the battle he went through to keep it up under a barrage from some of those who appeared on the list.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Scott from Vineland wrote:On another note Judge, a co-worker put me onto a web-page you will probably find interesting, if you haven't already seen it (it was new to me but then I don't get out much).

http://ml-implode.com/
That is one awesome website. We had a real estate guy a while back who wholeheartedly believed that crap Carleton Sheets peddles about debt financing and it's amazing how many of those imploded lenders he used to finance with frequently.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Scott from Vineland

Post by Scott from Vineland »

Yeah, for those of us who work in the industry some of the names on there are not big surprises.