Soon-to-be disbarred attorney arrested for loan mod scam

Discussion of various forms of Advance Fee Fraud, including application fees for loans that never materialize, self-liquidating loan scams, as well as mortgage elimination scams and related debt elimination scams [Nigerian-type scams should go in the Nigerian 4-1-9 forum]
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Soon-to-be disbarred attorney arrested for loan mod scam

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

http://www.metnews.com/articles/2010/dien012510.htm
Beginning in March 2008, the defendants allegedly defrauded hundreds of victims by offering loan modification services in exchange for advance payment.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Soon-to-be disbarred attorney arrested for loan mod scam

Post by notorial dissent »

Maybe he and Kurt can share a cell and Kurt will finally get his latest dazzling bit of brilliance before the appeals court, or not!!!!!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

If this is an indication of the state of affairs in the state of California, things are worse than I would have believed.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/100/story/82 ... ni_popular
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:If this is an indication of the state of affairs in the state of California, things are worse than I would have believed.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/100/story/82 ... ni_popular
Yes, that is pretty bad. I am always amazed at how many people, even those who normally earn significantly more than average, live just within or beyond their means. Any significant downturn and they are in financial trouble.

One of the comments provided my new favorite lawyer joke..."[N]ot all lawyers are evil. It's just that 99% of them make the rest look bad."
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

People like these are part of the reason why I left the legal profession. These slimeballs are out to grab all they can, as quickly as they can, for as long as they can; and they don't care about justice or doing the right thing, as long as their bottom line is fattened as much as possible.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Despite mandatory ethics training and testing, some people will knowingly violate the principals because they are betting that enforcement is stretched too thin to catch them
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.