Karen Tappert Indicted

Discussion of various forms of Advance Fee Fraud, including application fees for loans that never materialize, self-liquidating loan scams, as well as mortgage elimination scams and related debt elimination scams [Nigerian-type scams should go in the Nigerian 4-1-9 forum]
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Karen Tappert Indicted

Post by wserra »

Sentence adjourned to January 23, 2012. Tappert's gibberish filings continue - a dozen or so since my last post - insisting on firing her lawyer, the DJ, the M-J and the AUSA, releasing her, dismissing her case, withdrawing her plea, returning various items of property, keelhauling various jail personnel, etc. Judge Pro is simply ignoring them.

Good move.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Tappert continues to file handwritten gibberish "motions" and "notices" - there are now dozens pending without decision. Yesterday, Judge Pro filed this minute order: "The Court will hear all pending motions at the Sentencing set for 1/23/2012 at 3:00 PM."

The "hearing" on all those motions will end on 1/23/2012 at 3:01 PM, if not earlier.
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I would say from the sounds of it, that the "hearing" is going to be more of a "listening" for Tappert, as she will be hearing all her gibberish go down, or is it up, in flames at one fell swoop, followed by her well deserved and hopefully not in the least lenient sentencing, after which she will moan and complain about how all her just motions and vast legal knowledge were just totally ignored, and how awfully she was treated by the biased and unfair legal system.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra

Post by wserra »

The proceedings on January 23:

(1) 3:12-3:20 PM: sealed hearing on Tappert's motion to relieve counsel. Apparently denied, since she is represented at sentence. Her lucky lawyer is, however, relieved for appeal, and new counsel appointed. (Eight minutes.)

(2) 3:20-3:25 PM: All fourteen of Tappert's pending pro se motions denied. (Five minutes.)

(3) 3:25-4:30 PM: Recess to allow her to read Presentence Report. Why didn't she do this before now? Well, the docket doesn't say, but I had something similar happen with a similarly stupid client of mine, who thought he'd play games by telling the judge that he hadn't had an opportunity to read the PSR. The judge very patiently said, "Fine, you can read it right now."

(4) 4:30-5:00 PM: Objections to PSR overruled. Sentence: 97 months, three years supervised release, $3.6M restitution, final order of forfeiture. The items forfeited:

A. The assets seized from 24/7 Private Vaults, 3110 E. Sunset Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89120 Vault#0055 on July 7, 2010:
a) $135,000.00 in United States Currency;
b) 2,525,000 Iraqi Dinars; and
c) Collectable Coins itemized as follows:
i) Eighteen(18) Silver Dollars;
ii) Three(3) lndian Head Pennies years 1901, 1923, and 1907; and
iii) Two(2) Nickels years 1926 and 1937;

B. $11,657.95 in United States Currency seized from Karen L. Tappert on June 29, 2010, at the time of her arrest;

C. $8,500.00 in United States Currency turned over on September 29, 2010, to the Federal Bureau of Investigation by Anis Abi Zeid who was holding cash for Karen L. Tappert;

D. 2005 Black Mercedes Benz Coupe bearing California license plate 6LOV031, VlN WDBTK75JX5Fl32543 seized on September 16, 2010;

E. Three Netspend Debit Cards seized on September 22, 2010 (numbers redacted);

F. $19,171.53 in United States Currency seized from Bank of America in the name Panic Room Productions and Studios, signer: Janice McClinton, on December 6, 2010.

So the final result of the "Karen Tappert method": she gets about 16 months good time credit on a 97 month sentence, so she serves (including time already served) something short of seven years, and forfeits about $175K in cash plus other unvalued property.

Nice method.
- David Hume
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

wserra wrote:The proceedings on January 23:

(1) 3:12-3:20 PM: sealed hearing on Tappert's motion to relieve counsel. Apparently denied, since she is represented at sentence. Her lucky lawyer is, however, relieved for appeal, and new counsel appointed. (Eight minutes.)

(2) 3:20-3:25 PM: All fourteen of Tappert's pending pro se motions denied. (Five minutes.)

(3) 3:25-4:30 PM: Recess to allow her to read Presentence Report. Why didn't she do this before now? Well, the docket doesn't say, but I had something similar happen with a similarly stupid client of mine, who thought he'd play games by telling the judge that he hadn't had an opportunity to read the PSR. The judge very patiently said, "Fine, you can read it right now."

(4) 4:30-5:00 PM: Objections to PSR overruled. Sentence: 97 months, three years supervised release, $3.6M restitution, final order of forfeiture. The items forfeited:

A. The assets seized from 24/7 Private Vaults, 3110 E. Sunset Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89120 Vault#0055 on July 7, 2010:
a) $135,000.00 in United States Currency;
b) 2,525,000 Iraqi Dinars; and
c) Collectable Coins itemized as follows:
i) Eighteen(18) Silver Dollars;
ii) Three(3) lndian Head Pennies years 1901, 1923, and 1907; and
iii) Two(2) Nickels years 1926 and 1937;

B. $11,657.95 in United States Currency seized from Karen L. Tappert on June 29, 2010, at the time of her arrest;

C. $8,500.00 in United States Currency turned over on September 29, 2010, to the Federal Bureau of Investigation by Anis Abi Zeid who was holding cash for Karen L. Tappert;

D. 2005 Black Mercedes Benz Coupe bearing California license plate 6LOV031, VlN WDBTK75JX5Fl32543 seized on September 16, 2010;

E. Three Netspend Debit Cards seized on September 22, 2010 (numbers redacted);

F. $19,171.53 in United States Currency seized from Bank of America in the name Panic Room Productions and Studios, signer: Janice McClinton, on December 6, 2010.

So the final result of the "Karen Tappert method": she gets about 16 months good time credit on a 97 month sentence, so she serves (including time already served) something short of seven years, and forfeits about $175K in cash plus other unvalued property.

Nice method.
Winner! She didnt serve the whole time.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I hope the government has the sense to hang on to the Dinars for the pending RV. Obama's budget balanced!
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
aurniastar

Post by aurniastar »

I was a victim of hers back in 2007 when she was only getting started if it had not been for my husband and his natural sense to sniff out scammers we would have been S****** ourselves. this woman was in my house! spouting about how Christian she is, I only lost about 1500 bucks, I feel so sorry for those that lost way more then I.
wserra

Post by wserra »

aurniastar wrote:this woman was in my house! spouting about how Christian she is,
Don't feel too bad. Lots of scammers prey on the affinity they claim with their victims - hence the term "affinity fraud". If Tappert was trying to con Muslims, she would wear a hijab; Jews, a star of David.

Welcome to Quatloos, aurniastar. If you feel like getting into the details - What did she promise? What did she actually do? Was she alone, or did she work with someone else? Did you have to extricate yourselves afterwards? - you would find an interested audience.
- David Hume