LooksTooGoodToBeTrue.com

Discussion of various forms of Advance Fee Fraud, including application fees for loans that never materialize, self-liquidating loan scams, as well as mortgage elimination scams and related debt elimination scams [Nigerian-type scams should go in the Nigerian 4-1-9 forum]
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

LooksTooGoodToBeTrue.com

Post by wserra »

A group of agencies and private companies, led by the Postal Inspectors and the FBI, have put up an ambitious new site, intended to provide warnings about all types of daily scams. Its intent is to cover, well, virtually all of the financial scams we write about here, although sovruns and TPs appear not to be included in its scope.

So far, the information the site contains is fairly sketchy, as clicking through the various types of fraud shows. But it's a good idea, and we can hope it gets fleshed out.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
davidkean02

Re: LooksTooGoodToBeTrue.com

Post by davidkean02 »

Thanks for the sharing mate. Just happy to find a good and useful site. I am here to give warning to others about the scam that I am a victim. Hope there are no more victims. :thinking:
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

Anderson8100 wrote:Not a bad idea.Certain two facts on this post unequivocally the best we have all had.Clinging up the phone or not addressing sketchy messages or e-mails makes it difficult for the fraudster to make scams.Now I'm going to glance up this web site usually on my PC.Everything in this post is completely true!
What's next Anderson? A bunch of 'FIRST' postings?

Every post you have made can be summarized by the last sentence of this post.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

rogfulton wrote:
Anderson8100 wrote:Not a bad idea.Certain two facts on this post unequivocally the best we have all had.Clinging up the phone or not addressing sketchy messages or e-mails makes it difficult for the fraudster to make scams.Now I'm going to glance up this web site usually on my PC.Everything in this post is completely true!
What's next Anderson? A bunch of 'FIRST' postings?

Every post you have made can be summarized by the last sentence of this post.
I'm reminded of the scene, early in the movie "Blazing Saddles", where the townspeople of Rock Ridge are meeting to deal with the reign of terror unleashed upon them by Hedley Lamarr. Each time one of the men in the town says something, someone else pops up and says "___________ Johnson is right!"
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

"Howard Johnson is right about Abel Johnson being right!"
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"