Security of Investment

Discusses abuses and issues in financial planning, including questionable compensation practices, bogus institutes and accreditations, bad products, annuity abuse, inappropriate life insurance sales, living trust mills, and related misconduct. Also answers questions about usually legitimate but developing areas such as life insurance premium financing, life settlements, charitable gifting strategies, etc. Includes discussion of asset protection scams.
newman

Security of Investment

Post by newman »

No content displayed here
Last edited by newman on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omne
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Re: Security of Investment

Post by Omne »

And you will have no recourse whatsoever when they take your deposited money and run off with it.

" You see, I was hiding this money off shore so I wouldn't have to pay taxes on it and they stole it....."
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Please, no advertising.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Parvati
Demigoddess of Volatile Benevolence

Post by Parvati »

newman wrote: The offshore account is also a great way of investment for all those who do not wish to reveal the true amount to the public and desire investment security. The bank offer complete confidentiality and secrecy to these customers.
(Scummy link above replaced with one that has more redeeming social value.)

Clicked the original link and noted the "Offshore Debit Card" option displayed on the top, left corner of the page. If that's not a neon warning sign, I don't know what is.

My Sainted Relation was involved in some kind of hideous hybrid "offshore debit card-cum-gifting scheme" that ended up costing him over a grand. (That's *after* the class-action suit was over and he got his settlement check of around $12.50.)
"The risk in becoming very intimate with a moldie Parvati is that she may unexpectedly become a Kali and take your head."--Rudy Rucker, Freeware
“Most men would kill the truth if truth would kill their religion.”--Lemuel K. Washburn.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I smell another snipe hunt, as if the bad grammar wasn't a sure fire give away.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

There are plenty of legitimate offshore banks. The risk isn't so much getting ripped off, the risk is the IRS finding out. As distasteful as the law is, the wisest policy in the long run is still to obey it. There are other tax shelters you can use.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

While quite true, this does not sound, read, or smell like one of them.

In the first place this starts out talking about “global investors” and then goes on to talk about investing in “this gloom in the market”, and goes on to talk about “ensure(ing) the safety of funds and higher returns”. Then we go on to talk about “offshore investing” “in a territory outside the area of residence of the investor”, and then we come to the magic word, “jurisdiction”, and then go on to talk about the “desirable attributes which are not present in the investor’s country”, following it up with “better political and legal framework, stability, reputation, electronic progressiveness etc”, all magic words designed to sell the idea. Then we get to the real heart of the matter and come up with “offshore banking”, which is what is really being sold here, not investments at all, unless you count investing in the scammers bottom line and retirement fund. So in the end, this is not a solicitation to investment, but a solicitation to put your money in an off shore account where you will in reality have no access to it or protection or legal process, always assuming that there even is a real bank involved. The double whammy here is that in all likelihood the “investor” will not only lose the money they so wisely invested, but will also end up with IRS problems for failure to report the transactions, since the scammers seem to be going to great lengths to ignore that obligation on the part of the “investor”.

The main point being, that your money is safer in an insured and governed bank on your own soil where you have access to legal process in the event that you should need it, and property/investments overseas or as the note puts it, in another “jurisdiction”, means that you have only the protections of that jurisdiction, which may very well be none for the foreign investor.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ronaldlee

Post by ronaldlee »

Safety and security are the prime concerns both in our personal and professional life. Whether it is your home or office, the need of security is an inseparable part of your living. These days highly secured safes are easily available at very affordable prices. All you need to do is to conduct a small research and buy the one that suits best to your requirements and budget.
Last edited by notorial dissent on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to remove advertising line in sig
thomaslowell

Post by thomaslowell »

In business world, if you do have a proper Internet security in place, then all your computers are actually offering an open door to all the cyber-thieves who look at your computer and what they contain. Investing in Internet security can actually brings many benefits to your business. The most important benefit is that it keeps all the information which is on your computers completely safe from outside eyes. Hackers are mostly experts at getting into any computer, and an unguarded computer is like welcoming them.
Last edited by The Observer on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed signature that had an advertising link.
BankofSwissindo
Swabby
Swabby

Post by BankofSwissindo »

Shardhhajain23 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:47 am To choose the best advisory of your type one has to compare them all according to there reviews and complaints section.
And that is why you should:

[ Advertisement deleted ] - Membership changes everything
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

BankofSwissindo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:22 am
Shardhhajain23 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:47 am To choose the best advisory of your type one has to compare them all according to there reviews and complaints section.
And that is why you should:

[ Advertisement deleted ] - Membership changes everything
This is Strike One. Strike Two, you're out.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
BankofSwissindo
Swabby
Swabby

Post by BankofSwissindo »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:48 am This is Strike One. Strike Two, you're out.
It has been hypothesised that satire is often indistinguishable from the truth. :( I shall use this case in my thesis to demonstrate that Poe's Law has been proven beyond reasonable doubt :wink:

I shall take my satire to Twitter where it will be ignored, as it should be :mouthshut:

Good day Sir! :snicker:
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Guys - Swissindo has been doing this for a while. It's sarcasm.

Or maybe dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes or satire. I get them confused.
BankofSwissindo wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:13 amPoe's Law
Tom Lehrer, on why he retired from performing: "Political satire became obsolete on the day they awarded Henry Kissinger the Nobel Peace Prize."

ETA: Python, Professor Tom - damn, I'm old.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume