Ghana "Consignment Box" Scam

Talk about the Nigerian 4-1-9 scam in all its many variations, such as bogus checks sent from Nigeria to purchase used cars in the U.S. and many other variations of this scam.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Ghana "Consignment Box" Scam

Post by Number Six »

I got this email from a "Shannon Nomore" a few weeks ago looking to move a "consignment box" full of money to my possession in the USA:

"Thank you for you willingness but you have to understand that if i am not serious i will not have contact you.

"I am a serving soldier in Afghanistan so you should know that i am under the U.S army which does watches over me here and there is no way i can send you any money that is why i have leave you with $500,000.00 from the $6.4 million when you receive the consignment box. You can go to the security company to pickup the consignment box there but if you cant go only then the security company will have it delivered to you.

"You will have to provide me with your contact phone number and your address to receive the consignment box and i will send them to the security company with an instructions to delivery you the consignment box.

"I have arranged and paid for the delivery with the security company so i don't think you will be required to pay for the delivery to you.I wait your respond.

kinds Regards,
"Shannon"

Then I got contacted by "Ultimate Security" which said after a deduction was made from Shannon's deposit it would be sent to me, that a private UN jet was better as you never know what those pesky customs officials would demand:

"NOTE:IN TERMS OF GOOD NAME AND RESPECT THE DIRECT DELIVERY BY THE UNITED NATION JET IS BETTER,QUICKER AND MORE FASTER. IF WE RECEIVE THE $9,500.00 THE UNITED NATIONS JET WILL BE USED FOR THE DELIVERY THIS WEEKEND ALL ARRANGEMENT FOR THAT DELIVERY HAVE BEEN PUT IN PLACE THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THE FUEL NEEDED BY THE JET TO POWER IT TO AND FROM TO YOU AND IT WILL COST $30,000.00.

"YOUR PARTNER, WE HAVE RECEIVED NO WORD FROM HER TODAY BUT IN HER E-MAIL YESTERDAY SHE WROTE WE SHOULD WAIT.SIR,WE CANT WAIT AS WE HAVE CLOSED ALL ACCOUNT RECORDING ON THE CONSIGNMENT BOX AS AT YESTERDAY WHICH IS NOW READY FOR DELIVERY TO YOU. I WILL TOMORROW CONTACT THE ASSIGNED DIPLOMAT HE WILL CONTACT YOU WITH IS DETAILS AND FLIGHT SCHEDULE SO YOU KNOW WHEN TO WAIT FOR HIM AND RECEIVE YOUR CONSIGNMENT BOX THIS WEEKEND."

"FAITHFULLY,
MR. GEORGE OTUBU,
OPERATIONAL MANAGER,
ULTIMATE SECURITY COMPANY."

Finally I was contacted by a Mr. Kofi Anderson, a "UN Official" from Ghana who was going to deliver the boxes to me. Yesterday he notified me that British customs had inspected the boxes and were holding them as they are full of millions of dollars:

"YOUR ID CARD RECEIVED BUT WE HAVE A SITUATION,YOUR BOX HAVE BEEN DISCOVERED TO CONTAIN MILLIONS OF UNITED STATE DOLLAR NOTES UNDER SUPER X-RAY SCAN BY THE BRITISH CUSTOMS THE OFFICER IN-CHARGE SAID AND FOR THAT REASON THE DELIVERY HAS BEEN STOPPED AT THE MOMENT BUT I DID NOT BELIEVE THIS AS NOBODY TOLD ME ABOUT FUNDS IN YOUR BOX SO I HAVE REQUESTED FROM THE BRITISH CUSTOMS THE X-RAY SCAN REPORT AS PROOF TO THIS.

"ALL OTHER DOCUMENTS ON YOUR BOX DELIVERY HAVE BEEN CHECKED AND APPROVED BY THE CUSTOMS BUT THE DISCOVERY OF DOLLAR NOTES AMOUNTING TO MILLIONS INSIDE YOUR BOX IS WHY THE CUSTOMS HAVE STOPPED THE DELIVERY AND NOW REQUESTED FOR THE CERTIFICATE OF THE ORIGIN OF THE DISCOVERED FUNDS INSIDE YOUR BOX.

"THIS IS YOUR BOX IF IS TRUE YOU HAVE FUNDS INSIDE YOU SHOULD KNOW SO YOU LOOK FOR THE CERTIFICATE OF THE ORIGIN AND HAVE IT SEND TO ME IMMEDIATELY VIA EMAIL ATTACHMENT WHILE WE AWAIT THE X-RAY SCAN REPORT AND CERTIFICATE FROM THE BRITISH CUSTOMS.

"IF YOU DON'T HAVE OR CANT FIND THE CERTIFICATE OF THE ORIGIN OF THE FUNDS THEN YOU WILL NEED TO GET A NEW CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN ON THE FUNDS IMMEDIATELY TO AVOID THE BRITISH CUSTOMS FROM CONFISCATING YOUR FUND INTO THE BRITISH TREASURY ACCOUNT.

YOURS SINCERELY,
"DIPLOMAT KOFI."

I'm a little curious what the next email in this saga will be, when they will be asking for $$$? I told them I might be able to "borrow" some money, just as an enticement for their charade.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Ghana "Consignment Box" Scam

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

What'll you bet they can come up with a certificate for you?

For a small fee, of course. :lol:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
VinnyZ
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by VinnyZ »

Yesterday, on Yahoo!Answers, someone claimed that a friend of this paid $30,000 to get something "out of customs". He wanted to know what the fee could have been for.

I gave him the bad news.......
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

The "UN Diplomat" has assured me all is not lost, including scans of the stacks of $100 bills:

"IS TRUE ABOUT YOUR BOX CONTAINING FUNDS YOU CAN SEE THE SCAN REPORT ON YOUR CONSIGNMENT BOX ATTACHED. IT WAS GIVEN TO ME THIS AFTERNOON BY THE CUSTOM OFFICER IN-CHARGE AND I HAVE TO SEND IT TO YOU IMMEDIATELY TO SEE FOR YOURSELF.THE OFFICER TOLD ME THAT AFTER THEY DISCOVERED YOU HAVE FUNDS IN YOUR BOX THEY HAVE TO CARRY OUT ANOTHER X-RAY SCAN TO KNOW IF YOUR FUNDS WAS A TRUE DOLLAR NOTES OR FAKE DOLLAR NOTES AND THE RESULT WAS A TRUE DOLLAR BILLS.

"I TOLD THE BRITISH CUSTOMS YOU WILL PROVIDE THE CERTIFICATE OF THE ORIGIN OF THE FUNDS AND WITH THE ORDER OF THE BRITISH SUPREME COURT YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN SEVEN WORKING DAYS BEGINNING FROM TODAY AUGUST 13 TO PROVIDE THE CERTIFICATE OF THE ORIGIN OF THE FUNDS AND FAILURE TO DO SO BEFORE AUGUST 22RD THE FUNDS WILL BE CONFISCATED BY THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT FOR LACK OF PROOF OF THE ORIGIN OF THE FUNDS.

"I CALLED THE MANAGER OF ULTIMATE SECURITY COMPANY MR GEORGE OTUBU TODAY AFTER I RECEIVED THE SCAN REPORT BUT HE TOLD ME THERE IS NOTHING THE COMPANY CAN DO TO GET YOU THE CERTIFICATE BECAUSE ONLY THE OWNER OF THE FUNDS KNOW THE ORIGIN OF HIS FUNDS AND YOUR BOX WAS DEPOSITED WITH THEM NOT AS DOLLAR BILL NOTES BUT AS FAMILY VALUABLE WITH THE CONTENT UNDISCLOSED.

"IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE CERTIFICATE OF THE ORIGIN ON THE FUNDS YOU LET ME KNOW IN YOUR REPLY THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH MY CONNECTIONS AS A UNITED NATIONS DIPLOMAT I WILL BE ABLE TO HELP AND GET YOU A NEW CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN IMMEDIATELY TO STOP THE ACTIONS OF THE BRITISH CUSTOMS AND DELIVER YOU THE BOX IN THE UNITED STATE.

"YOURS SINCERELY,
"DIPLOMAT KOFI."

http://i.imgur.com/bmZiilF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/J3nZUqp.jpg

"Dr. Kofi's" ID: http://i.imgur.com/lMM6uTm.jpg
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)